• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Scandal! Comic Book Dealer Disbarred As Lawyer!!!!

1,034 posts in this topic

I think too much of this has spiraled out of control and off topic. I am tired of arguing semantics and personal opinions which clearly will not change. It is time to allow the situation to defuse. As far as I am concerned, I've said all I need to say and expressed my opinion on the circumstances. Time to step back and refocus on the important things in this hobby, as well as in our own lives.

I look forward to Doug talking whatever appropriate steps may be necessary, to include the passage of time, to allow people to regain the level of trust that so many clearly once had in him. I hope he can put these bad times behind him and continue to contribute to this hobby. I certainly have no problems with crediting him for any successful efforts in doing so, and wish him well.

My final post. Regarding his comic book business, I have exactly the same level of trust in Doug that I had before, and there's no need for him to do a damn thing to regain my confidence. And as far as regaining yours, I suspect he isn't the least bit concerned with that. I'd just make sure you don't take a single misstep in conducting your own consignment business.

And I'm glad that you are now willing to go back and refocus on your personal life, after putting him on trial for a second time and debating his life, his career and his character in the most bloodless manner I've ever observed. Carry on Zaid. See you on FOX.

Best, Brad

You can't leave well enough alone, can you Brad? You just have to poison the well a little bit more to satisfy some unexplained "addiction" to unabashedly support Doug and blast anyone who disagrees with your personal opinion. Your continuing emotional responses that appear to be nothing more than just shooting from the hip without any rational intellectual reflection is disappointing to say the least.

Your post just leads me to agree with FFB that I've lost a lot of respect for you. If you want to continue your tirade and shoot back that I've lost your respect, or how terrible a person I am, I really don't care. I don't plan on responding tit for tat. This is the very aspect of this thread I was trying to end calmly and professionally. And I suspect that opinion would be a majority opinion.

My conscience is perfectly clear as to everything that was done and said by me on this topic. I didn't put Doug on trial, my colleagues in the NYS Bar Counsel's Office did, and for good reason. I haven't done or said anything that should have prompted anyone to lose trust in me. But if it makes you feel better to think that, and gets you to drop the subject, please go right ahead and make me the bad guy so everyone else can move on.

I think too much of this has spiraled out of control and off topic. I am tired of arguing semantics and personal opinions which clearly will not change. It is time to allow the situation to defuse. As far as I am concerned, I've said all I need to say and expressed my opinion on the circumstances. Time to step back and refocus on the important things in this hobby, as well as in our own lives.

I look forward to Doug talking whatever appropriate steps may be necessary, to include the passage of time, to allow people to regain the level of trust that so many clearly once had in him. I hope he can put these bad times behind him and continue to contribute to this hobby. I certainly have no problems with crediting him for any successful efforts in doing so, and wish him well.

My final post. Regarding his comic book business, I have exactly the same level of trust in Doug that I had before, and there's no need for him to do a damn thing to regain my confidence. And as far as regaining yours, I suspect he isn't the least bit concerned with that. I'd just make sure you don't take a single misstep in conducting your own consignment business.

And I'm glad that you are now willing to go back and refocus on your personal life, after putting him on trial for a second time and debating his life, his career and his character in the most bloodless manner I've ever observed. Carry on Zaid. See you on FOX.

Best, Brad

You can't leave well enough alone, can you Brad? You just have to poison the well a little bit more to satisfy some unexplained "addiction" to unabashedly support Doug and blast anyone who disagrees with your personal opinion. Your continuing emotional responses that appear to be nothing more than just shooting from the hip without any rational intellectual reflection is disappointing to say the least.

Your post just leads me to agree with FFB that I've lost a lot of respect for you. If you want to continue your tirade and shoot back that I've lost your respect, or how terrible a person I am, I really don't care. I don't plan on responding tit for tat. This is the very aspect of this thread I was trying to end calmly and professionally. And I suspect that opinion would be a majority opinion.

My conscience is perfectly clear as to everything that was done and said by me on this topic. I didn't put Doug on trial, my colleagues in the NYS Bar Counsel's Office did, and for good reason. I haven't done or said anything that should have prompted anyone to lose trust in me. But if it makes you feel better to think that, and gets you to drop the subject, please go right ahead and make me the bad guy so everyone else can move on.

Nice closing argument there counselor. I think I am going to find this case in your favor.

Best, Brad

I think you are going to look back and regret a lot of your recent posts, the above being one of them. You have done a bang-up job burning bridges and made it crystal clear you aren't capable of having a civil discussion when the matter is even remotely personal for you. Hope Schmell was worth it.

it's more like taking a Band-Aid off, but slowly, to reveal the injury beneath the surface, so we can apply some sort of cream to it. we've got some of it off, but it's catching us by the short hairs, and the smell underneath is seeping out. it would be nice to just yank the thing off, but there are extenuating circumstances.

You're the first person Sal that I have heard puts a bandaid on his .... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think you are mixing your metaphors a bit.... grin.gif

zoinks!

893whatthe.gif

i always thought "short hairs" could be anywhere on the body. maybe it's got a different meaning down under. pun intended

you've responded with a lot of anger which I don't really understand.

Oh please. I haven't weighed in on this topic until now, but this is just lame. You don't really understand his anger? What thread have you been reading? I clearly understand Red's anger. How can you not? I don't even agree with most of what he's said in this thread, but it's pretty [embarrassing lack of self control] clear why he's angry, at least it's clear to me.

I probably should have said this before, and that is my fault.

Brad, if you have remaining issues with me, you can call me anytime to talk. I would be happy to do so.

202-498-0011

gossip.gif You shouldn't have done that Mark. Now he'll probably scribe that number on a public bathroom wall with the notation..........."For a good time, call Rhonda". insane.gif

Brad, if you have remaining issues with me, you can call me anytime to talk. I would be happy to do so.

202-498-0011

gossip.gif You shouldn't have done that Mark. Now he'll probably scribe that number on a public bathroom wall with the notation..........."For a good time, call Rhonda". insane.gif

Too late, I've already spotted it...

dscn1483edited.jpg

202-498-0011

Too late, I've already spotted it...

dscn1483edited.jpg

Actually the quote on the door, really could apply in this thread. 27_laughing.gif

I think I wasn't clear then OG... I mean I'm not clear on why he's angry with respect to what Mark just posted in his last post, not just in general.... not sure I'm really being clear with that either. What I mean is, I understand why he's angry generally, but no angry at Mark specifically after he posted what he did... was that really called for?

Oh please. I haven't weighed in on this topic until now, but this is just lame. You don't really understand his anger? What thread have you been reading? I clearly understand Red's anger. How can you not? I don't even agree with most of what he's said in this thread, but it's pretty [embarrassing lack of self control] clear why he's angry, at least it's clear to me.

I think people should seriously step away from this thread. Damage has been done and only will increase between forum members for no other reason than a difference of opinion and views.

Its fine to have an opinion, present it and move on, dont push it or force it on anyone else, to keep going back and forth will only lead to hostility in the long run, and that will break any internet bond or friendship.

This is where its heading, and its a shame to see, since there are alot of intelligent posters here with information to help our community and hobby.

I think people should seriously step away from this thread. Damage has been done and only will increase between forum members for no other reason than a difference of opinion and views.

Its fine to have an opinion, present it and move on, dont push it or force it on anyone else, to keep going back and forth will only lead to hostility in the long run, and that will break any internet bond or friendship.

This is where its heading, and its a shame to see, since there are alot of intelligent posters here with information to help our community and hobby.

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifflowerred.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

I think I wasn't clear then OG... I mean I'm not clear on why he's angry with respect to what Mark just posted in his last post, not just in general.... not sure I'm really being clear with that either. What I mean is, I understand why he's angry generally, but no angry at Mark specifically after he posted what he did... was that really called for?

FK, not to be too terribly ironic, but you've been butting in on the "conversation" between Red and Mark for a while now and all I've seen you do is stir the pot.

Maybe it's time to let them handle things on their own?

"Screw you and the CGC Boards! That place is full of nothing but paranoid sychophants that worship at the altar of Borock, the ponytailed ringleader! You'll be happy to know that the one shanna 3 CGC 9.6 that I bought from Ewert, I had retrimmed and pressed by JE, then submitted it back to CGC thru Heritage, got it back in a blue 9.8 and resold it to some dumbarse newb who collects Bronze Age [embarrassing lack of self control]! Woohoo!"

tongue.gif

sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Being angry is one thing, sticking to your guns is all well and fine. But there comes a time when you need to let the anger return to a simmer , instead of a letting it remain at a full rolling boil.

Who am I to say when that time is, but from where I am sitting it is time to let things go. Arrows need not be slung anymore. I dont see anyone trying to hammer home new points, or force the other person to stop feeling the way they do about the issue.

This has not been a "Board against Brad" issue. But for whatever reason it seems to have turned into one.

And Brad, you have helped to fule that fire, be that born from continuing anger, or a sense that your job is unfinished. I dunno.

The core issue is still what should matter here. No I do not mean dragging Dougs rep through the mud, but as with all topics on this board, once it is brought up...we gotta se it through till the end...no way to strike things from the record once the cat is outta the bag.

It IS what we do here. You know that. You have done it yourself in the past.

So for gods sake, agree to disagree with each other, you have let them know that they are not on your x-mas card list.

How many times can the same thing be said? If everyone does not know your stance by now, they never will.

I see no bloodletting going on anywhere, if anything I see tiny olive branches being proffered

People care about you here Brad,or else they would not bother to debate their stance with you.

If a select few here have soured your opinion of these boards,so be it. I am truley sorry for that.

But it is still a great place to be, and is even BETTER with you in it.

Ze-

... there are alot of intelligent posters here ...

27_laughing.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe we should take a comprehensive board IQ examination to find out. All questions will contain comic book related items as the main theme:

Question #1

If Wolverine is running towards Professor X while wielding his adamantium claws at 20 mph, how many minutes will it take to reach the professor if he's running (or wheeling away) in the opposite direction at 10 mph? The two are 1000 ft apart.

A.) 3 minutes

B.) 10 minutes

C.) 2 hours

D.) Never, since Professor X will make Wolverine think he's running towards him, but in fact is about to go over the cliff.

Question #2

Which of the following characters does not fit with the rest:

A.) Batman

B.) Spider-man

C.) Superman

D.) Wonder Woman

E.) Jimmy Olson

Question #3

Wolverine is to Jean Grey as:

A.) Superman is to Lois Lane

B.) Vision is to Scarlet Witch

C.) Hulk is to Betty