• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Scandal! Comic Book Dealer Disbarred As Lawyer!!!!

1,034 posts in this topic

... there are alot of intelligent posters here ...

27_laughing.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe we should take a comprehensive board IQ examination to find out. All questions will contain comic book related items as the main theme:

Question #1

If Wolverine is running towards Professor X while wielding his adamantium claws at 20 mph, how many minutes will it take to reach the professor if he's running (or wheeling away) in the opposite direction at 10 mph? The two are 1000 ft apart.

A.) 3 minutes

B.) 10 minutes

C.) 2 hours

D.) Never, since Professor X will make Wolverine think he's running towards him, but in fact is about to go over the cliff.

Question #2

Which of the following characters does not fit with the rest:

A.) Batman

B.) Spider-man

C.) Superman

D.) Wonder Woman

E.) Jimmy Olson

The answer to both questions is:

It doesn't matter, they will be retconned at the end of the exam anyway.

Maybe we should take a comprehensive board IQ examination to find out. All questions will contain comic book related items as the main theme:

Question #1

If Wolverine is running towards Professor X while wielding his adamantium claws at 20 mph, how many minutes will it take to reach the professor if he's running (or wheeling away) in the opposite direction at 10 mph? The two are 1000 ft apart.

A.) 3 minutes

B.) 10 minutes

C.) 2 hours

D.) Never, since Professor X will make Wolverine think he's running towards him, but in fact is about to go over the cliff.

Question #2

A.) Batman

B.) Spider-man

C.) Superman

D.) Wonder Woman

E.) Jimmy Olson

The answer to both questions is:

It doesn't matter, they will be retconned at the end of the exam anyway.

WRONG!

the exam never happened. gossip.gif it was all a manifestation of some force that no one's ever heard of making its way into our plane of existance

You make a fair point. Seriously, I agree... the only thing I will say is that I'm friends with both of them, and it's just difficult to see it go back and forth when I like both of them...

quote]

I think I wasn't clear then OG... I mean I'm not clear on why he's angry with respect to what Mark just posted in his last post, not just in general.... not sure I'm really being clear with that either. What I mean is, I understand why he's angry generally, but no angry at Mark specifically after he posted what he did... was that really called for?

you've responded with a lot of anger which I don't really understand.

Oh please. I haven't weighed in on this topic until now, but this is just lame. You don't really understand his anger? What thread have you been reading? I clearly understand Red's anger. How can you not? I don't even agree with most of what he's said in this thread, but it's pretty [embarrassing lack of self control] clear why he's angry, at least it's clear to me.

FK, not to be too terribly ironic, but you've been butting in on the "conversation" between Red and Mark for a while now and all I've seen you do is stir the pot.

Maybe it's time to let them handle things on their own?

You make a fair point. Seriously, I agree... the only thing I will say is that I'm friends with both of them, and it's just difficult to see it go back and forth when I like both of them...

I think I wasn't clear then OG... I mean I'm not clear on why he's angry with respect to what Mark just posted in his last post, not just in general.... not sure I'm really being clear with that either. What I mean is, I understand why he's angry generally, but no angry at Mark specifically after he posted what he did... was that really called for?

you've responded with a lot of anger which I don't really understand.

Oh please. I haven't weighed in on this topic until now, but this is just lame. You don't really understand his anger? What thread have you been reading? I clearly understand Red's anger. How can you not? I don't even agree with most of what he's said in this thread, but it's pretty [embarrassing lack of self control] clear why he's angry, at least it's clear to me.

FK, not to be too terribly ironic, but you've been butting in on the "conversation" between Red and Mark for a while now and all I've seen you do is stir the pot.

Maybe it's time to let them handle things on their own?

I dig it. I wasn't trying to call you a drama queen or anything, but I would surely like to watch this thing FINALLY draw to a close.

Question #1

A.) 3 minutes

B.) 10 minutes

C.) 2 hours

Question #2

A.) Batman

B.) Spider-man

C.) Superman

D.) Wonder Woman

E.) Jimmy Olson

For question #1 did you mean to say: If Wolverine is running towards Professor X at 20 mph, while wielding his adamantium claws? Cause otherwise we don't know how fast he;s running, only how fast he's wielding his claws around.

Qestion #2 could be either:

B) Because he is the only Marvel character

or

D) Because Wonder-Woman is the only female

or

E) Because he's the only non-super hero

I'm thinking you were looking for B though. Just my guess.

Qestion #2 could be either:

B) Because he is the only Marvel character

or

D) Because Wonder-Woman is the only female

or

E) Because he's the only non-super hero

I'm thinking you were looking for B though. Just my guess.

I was actually looking for all 3 as you mentioned, which is what I feel like while taking a real IQ exam. foreheadslap.gif

I would surely like to watch this thing FINALLY draw to a close.

Oh [embarrassing lack of self control] that. I'm not going to be happy until someone pulls a FDQ exit. sumo.gif

I know, but it just feels like we're spinning our tires here. Someone had to make the plea for mercy... it's all part of the -script, donchaknow?

Oh [embarrassing lack of self control] that. I'm not going to be happy until someone pulls a FDQ exit. sumo.gif

Don't look at me. I love it here! yay.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

yay.gif

it's more like taking a Band-Aid off, but slowly, to reveal the injury beneath the surface, so we can apply some sort of cream to it. we've got some of it off, but it's catching us by the short hairs, and the smell underneath is seeping out. it would be nice to just yank the thing off, but there are extenuating circumstances.

You're the first person Sal that I have heard puts a bandaid on his .... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think you are mixing your metaphors a bit.... grin.gif

zoinks!

893whatthe.gif

i always thought "short hairs" could be anywhere on the body. maybe it's got a different meaning down under. pun intended

Got you by the short and curlies............. wink.gif

it's more like taking a Band-Aid off, but slowly, to reveal the injury beneath the surface, so we can apply some sort of cream to it. we've got some of it off, but it's catching us by the short hairs, and the smell underneath is seeping out. it would be nice to just yank the thing off, but there are extenuating circumstances.

You're the first person Sal that I have heard puts a bandaid on his .... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think you are mixing your metaphors a bit.... grin.gif

...extenuating circumstances,...not extenuating circumscissions,... 893naughty-thumb.gif

I probably should have said this before, and that is my fault.

Brad, if you have remaining issues with me, you can call me anytime to talk. I would be happy to do so.

202-498-0011

gossip.gif You shouldn't have done that Mark. Now he'll probably scribe that number on a public bathroom wall with the notation..........."For a good time, call Rhonda". insane.gif

Too late, I've already spotted it...

dscn1483edited.jpg

Hey, what happened to Rhonda? makepoint.gif

I assure you she would make for a much better time than me! flamed.gif

dscn1483edited.jpg

If you were to conduct handwriting analysis, you would find that IS Marks own penmanship.

HE wrote that on the stall himself.

Poor Mark, does your wife know?

Ze-

hi.gifhi.gifhi.gif

dscn1483edited.jpg

If you were to conduct handwriting analysis, you would find that IS Marks own penmanship.

How do you think I make enough money to buy my comics?

Ze-

wink.gif

dscn1483edited.jpg

Ze-

wink.gif

How do you think I make enough money to buy my comics?

I'd like to say that I am shocked by this...........but I'm not. devil.gif