• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Scandal! Comic Book Dealer Disbarred As Lawyer!!!!

1,034 posts in this topic

Perhaps I will take that walk around the block, it is a nice day outside after all.

Don't deflect the issue at hand though with the "arseman" thing. Whatever that means. Does he post on these boards?

You on the other hand do, with multiple identities. I found it odd that just after your election to the focus group or whatever it was, you were outed as a repeat shill. What does that say about you? You hide behind other ID's to make comments you didn't want associated to your "true" identity, as a champion of what "should be" in the hobby.

Matt and I are friends, that is true. Big deal. He gets his does of medicine when he needs it too. No passes are given. You should know that, as you are the self appointed doctor of these boards.

Many of us on the boards played around with shill accounts. When mine was outed, I took my medicine and didn't whine about it. As far as I know, running a shill account didn't take a dime out of anyone's pocket. I do not have "multiple identities". I post only as Red Hook. And I am not a repeat shill. Get your facts straight.

For the record, your timing is terrible. Discussion and debate about Matt's "work" has been at an all-time low recently. Nothing like re-opening the debate to help out a friend, eh? As for me being the self-appointed doctor of the boards, I don't even know what that means. It does tell me you do have drama-queen tendencies.

Ask Matt about arseman. I'm sure he'll give you the straight dope.

27_laughing.gif

Yep, another Dr. Pepper is definitely in order, my friend. You're crackin' up.

Perhaps I will take that walk around the block, it is a nice day outside after all.

Don't deflect the issue at hand though with the "arseman" thing. Whatever that means. Does he post on these boards?

You on the other hand do, with multiple identities. I found it odd that just after your election to the focus group or whatever it was, you were outed as a repeat shill. What does that say about you? You hide behind other ID's to make comments you didn't want associated to your "true" identity, as a champion of what "should be" in the hobby.

Matt and I are friends, that is true. Big deal. He gets his does of medicine when he needs it too. No passes are given. You should know that, as you are the self appointed doctor of these boards.

Many of us on the boards played around with shill accounts. When mine was outed, I took my medicine and didn't whine about it. As far as I know, running a shill account didn't take a dime out of anyone's pocket. I do not have "multiple identities". I post only as Red Hook. And I am not a repeat shill. Get your facts straight.

For the record, your timing is terrible. Discussion and debate about Matt's "work" has been at an all-time low recently. Nothing like re-opening the debate to help out a friend, eh? As for me being the self-appointed doctor of the boards, I don't even know what that means. It does tell me you do have drama-queen tendencies.

Ask Matt about arseman. I'm sure he'll give you the straight dope.

27_laughing.gif

Yep, another Dr. Pepper is definitely in order, my friend. You're crackin' up.

Who am I responding to again?

Red Hook ------ Team America(4825) Tom Mundane(10740)?

What Matt does and doesn't disclose I cannot comment on, as I do not know. There has been no adjudication of the allegations as they relate to Matt. Doug on the other hand.........

You can do better than this. I know you can. poke2.gif

The question is.....can YOU?

What Matt does and doesn't disclose I cannot comment on, as I do not know. There has been no adjudication of the allegations as they relate to Matt. Doug on the other hand.........

popcorn.gif

Nice try, but it's not working. Weak. Very weak.

Oh, I think it is working....you are beginning to think of some clever photoshop thing you can do next to excite the crowd! Admit it, you know you are. Your position is weak, that is the only weakness being displayed here.

No, that's not the question. The question is why you think re-opening a discussion of Matt's business practices is going to be of help to him.

No, that's not the question. The question is why you think re-opening a discussion of Matt's business practices is going to be of help to him.

It is not about Matt. This time the discussion is about you. Let's see if we can dig deep enough to find out who you really are, what drives your hypocrisies, disclose Brad. You will feel better once you do.

Brad said he wouldn't hire Doug as his lawyer, I assume for a lack of trust. But he says he would buy comics from him. I guess trust is not an issue when buying comics???

1. No, trust is not an issue when buying comics. Trust in one's forthrightness as an attorney, that is. Trust as a comic seller, on th other hand, is a major issue.

2. Matt has admitted on these boards that he sells pressed books without disclosure. This potential customer, for one, will not buy books from him because of his unwillingness to disclose dry cleaning and pressing. This, to me at least, is also a major issue for a comic seller. I also hold the view that this practice of purposeful undisclosure of dry cleaning and pressing will hurt the high-end comic collecting market in the long run by undermining collector confidence and impeding the entry of new deep-pocketed collectors into our hobby.

3. An unprovoked personal attack on another poster such as you have done today in no way supports these message boards as a valuable outlet for mature, knowledgeable discussion of issues related to comics.

Tell you what. Since you scooted off....I'll give a reprieve. I'm going to sit in the backyard with the wife, do a little bbq-ing, drink a nice chilled white and enjoy the spring weather.

See ya. hi.gif

Back in my drinking days a back-yard bbq would have called for a cold bud!

God I miss being young sometimes!

It is not about Matt. This time the discussion is about you. Let's see if we can dig deep enough to find out who you really are, what drives your hypocrisies, disclose Brad. You will feel better once you do.

Who are you again? poke2.gif

Have you ever sold a pressed book without disclosing it to the buyer?

Who are you again? poke2.gif

I'm sorry the Brad record must have a scratch in it....it keeps repeating.....

Brad said he wouldn't hire Doug as his lawyer, I assume for a lack of trust. But he says he would buy comics from him. I guess trust is not an issue when buying comics???

1. No, trust is not an issue when buying comics. Trust in one's forthrightness as an attorney, that is. Trust as a comic seller, on th other hand, is a major issue.

2. Matt has admitted on these boards that he sells pressed books without disclosure. This potential customer, for one, will not buy books from him because of his unwillingness to disclose dry cleaning and pressing. This, to me at least, is also a major issue for a comic seller. I also hold the view that this practice of purposeful undisclosure of dry cleaning and pressing will hurt the high-end comic collecting market in the long run by undermining collector confidence and impeding the entry of new deep-pocketed collectors into our hobby.

3. An unprovoked personal attack on another poster such as you have done today in no way supports these message boards as a valuable outlet for mature, knowledgeable discussion of issues related to comics.

Challenging someone's written word in a thread that is counter to something they beat the drum about, and personally attack others for, is not an unprovoked personal attack.

Have you ever sold a pressed book without disclosing it to the buyer?

Hard to say. If pressed books are as ubiquitous in the market as you claim, it is quite possible that I owned one, didn't know it, and sold it.

Isn't it true that the commingled assets were used to buy comics? Seems to me that the distinction you draw above is tenuous at best.

I think it's totally bizarre that people are able to compartmentalize stuff like this. Maybe I just have a different perspective as an attorney, but someone who pilfers money from their clients' accounts in order to buy silver age comic books is not to be trusted. He can lie and decieve as a lawyer and break a sacred, legal trust, but he wouldn't do the same as a comic dealer? You guys are free to think as you want of course, but it's still a preposterous stance. I am reasonably sure that every lawyer on the board would agree.