• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Scandal! Comic Book Dealer Disbarred As Lawyer!!!!

1,034 posts in this topic

God I miss being young sometimes!

Don't we all mate, don't we all.

Having spent the morning helping prepare my father for his impending move to the nursing home/assisted care facility, I can really relate.

1. No, trust is not an issue when buying comics. Trust in one's forthrightness as an attorney, that is. Trust as a comic seller, on th other hand, is a major issue.

Isn't it true that the commingled assets were used to buy comics? Seems to me that the distinction you draw above is tenuous at best.

I think it's totally bizarre that people are able to compartmentalize stuff like this. Maybe I just have a different perspective as an attorney, but someone who pilfers money from their clients' accounts in order to buy silver age comic books is not to be trusted. He can lie and decieve as a lawyer and break a sacred, legal trust, but he wouldn't do the same as a comic dealer? You guys are free to think as you want of course, but it's still a preposterous stance. I am reasonably sure that every lawyer on the board would agree.

I'm not a lawyer, and I completely agree.

That was the thrust of my post to begin with.

The pressing zealots are trying, of course, to deflect it into a discussion about pressing. It is all they have after all, so we should understand instead of offering scorn and ridicule. How silly of me.

Ah you old guys crack me up! poke2.gif

Sorry, stupid question, but what brought this thread back to life after 6 months or a year and why is everybody so pissed? (Just curious).

You mean Matt didn't tell you?

Tell me what? That you were an overbearing, self important rabble rouser? I didn't need him to tell me that.

OH! You meant didn't he tell me that he pressed my book! Of course he did. The book was restored and had a fancy certificate with it and all, that detailed all the work performed. Cool huh?

Sorry, stupid question, but what brought this thread back to life after 6 months or a year and why is everybody so pissed? (Just curious).

It was referenced in another recent thread, and so I was curious, and went to read it. Brad's post got me going. I'm not pissed at all. Just pointing some things out.

The pressing zealots are trying, of course, to deflect it into a discussion about pressing. It is all they have after all, so we should understand instead of offering scorn and ridicule. How silly of me.

Bill, it was YOU who brought up Matt Nelson on this thread renewal, so I don't understand your claim that others are trying to deflect the discussion. I also don't appreciate being characterized as a zealot for my belief that a purposeful failure to disclose dry cleaning and/or pressing is deceitful and, in the long run, damaging to the hobby. If you don't care whether a book has been pressed, then that is most certainly your perogative. However, don't try to label as crackpots and zealots those collectors that prefer full disclosure when making their comic buying decisions.

You mean Matt didn't tell you?

Tell me what? That you were an overbearing, self important rabble rouser? I didn't need him to tell me that.

The only thing worse than a rabble rouser...is a self important rabble rouser.

And the only thing worse than a self important rabble rouser...is an overbearing, self important rabble rouser.

And the only thing worse than an overbearing, self important rabble rouser...is Greggy. mad.gif

Ah, you innocent young whippersnapper. hi.gif I could be glib and say that it's a slow night (or even a slow month), or that us oldies are a crotchety bunch, but that would trivialize matters.

Go back thirty posts and all will become clear.

Bill, it was YOU who brought up Matt Nelson on this thread renewal,

By way of EXAMPLE of Brad's hypocrisy Bob. My post was about Brad, not Matt. I also metioned Ewert, but you two have zoned in on Matt, as usual. Very droll.

It was referenced in another recent thread, and so I was curious, and went to read it. Brad's post got me going. I'm not pissed at all. Just pointing some things out.

Don't go back too far into the old threads. There are a lot more where these come from. I don't think my fragile mind could handle reliving Ewert, KK, etc. makepoint.gif I'm still recovering from hearing "NOD" 8 billion times. insane.gif

At any rate, I am going to take that walk Brad suggested, and I have a couple or errands to run.

Later gang, I'll check back tonight and see where we are.

Perhaps by then Bradley will have come to his senses and finally admit he was wrong about something....

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Man o'man...sounds like someone is pizzed they missed the dance and is trying to make up for it by throwing a hissy fit... yeahok.gif

Jim

Oh gosh, I should have known this would bring out Admiral Whiner himself!!

27_laughing.gif

Ah, you innocent young whippersnapper. hi.gif I could be glib and say that it's a slow night (or even a slow month), or that us oldies are a crotchety bunch, but that would trivialize matters.

Go back thirty posts and all will become clear.

AH! Much obliged. Man this thread is too heavy for Sunday I'm gonna go wach the ballgame (Barry hit 740! Argue about that) stooges.gif

Man o'man...sounds like someone is pizzed they missed the dance and is trying to make up for it by throwing a hissy fit... yeahok.gif

Jim

Oh gosh, I should have known this would bring out Admiral Whiner himself!!

27_laughing.gif

Who's whining other than you? gossip.gif

You're the one who resurrected a long dead topic, decided it was time to put your two cents in, and criticize another Forum member for views that he was repeatedly berated for by me and others, and defended by him, when the topic was fresh. What next? Are you going to pull up the Ewert thread as well? Maybe the Nelson/arseman thread? Hell, just go back and berate Forum members for getting it on with Hammer while you're searching the archives...

There's nothing to see here other than you acting like an 893censored-thumb.gif...

By the looks of your ill-timed post...it looks as if the public health inspector needs to check the water in your area...

Jim

Perhaps by then Bradley will have come to his senses and finally admit he was wrong about something....

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I wouldn't hold your breath. Brad is usually steadfast in his opinions. confused-smiley-013.gif

Unless the date stamp is the wrong color makepoint.gif (just kidding)