• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the Strongest person in the DCU?

52 posts in this topic

Since there was a poll for the Marvel U, I thought it would also be interesting to get everyone's take on the DCU. I don't too many of the DCU characters beyond the main JLA connected characters. The big boys like Supes, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and the like so I'll just start off with my vote for Superman. who's next?

Mortal means that you can die. Which, since Supes is "Dying" means he is mortal. They don't call Cap the World's Mightiest Earthling do they? But since, Supes is all DC and not a pickup character, I would have to concede that he is the strongest. I don't like it but that is just a fact of life. Though, I like where in Kingdom Come Captain Marvel beats him down like the little wuss that he is!!! poke2.gif

Mortal means that you can die. Which, since Supes is "Dying" means he is mortal. They don't call Cap the World's Mightiest Earthling do they? But since, Supes is all DC and not a pickup character, I would have to concede that he is the strongest. I don't like it but that is just a fact of life. Though, I like where in Kingdom Come Captain Marvel beats him down like the little wuss that he is!!! poke2.gif

I was using the word mortal as: "of or relating to humankind: human", as found here-

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=mortal

Careful about that Kingdom Come reference Timulty, mention it too many times and you'll end up sounding like the Bat fans who constantly refer to "Dark Knight Returns" as proof that Bats could beat up Supes,.. when we all know that's not the case..

and I'm not one to argue over which fictional character can beat which fictional character, but I seem to remember in Kingdom Come that Supes did take a good lickin', then shut Marvel up by clinching his hand over Cap's mouth, rendering Cap useless... poke2.gif pokey stick, pokey stick..

Actually in Dark Knight returns he had to have Green Arrow shoot a Krytonite arrow at Sups to soften him up. In Kingdom Come, the only way Supes could beat him was to position Cap around to get him hit by the magical lightning. Of course, this is moot, since this counts as an "Elseworlds" type event. Superman/Batman proved that Cap would lose out in a fight. But I would hardly expect DC to let their Flagship Character lose to 2nd tier character.

true, I don't know about "Strongest" but I've always thought that the most "Powerful" person in any of the universes might be Dr. Manhattan from the Watchmen series, anyone else think this way.. confused-smiley-013.gif

He'd definitely be up there. No restrictions for him in regards to time/space/reality. He can alter anything at the atomic level.

plastic man

Actually, in one of the Superman/Batman issues Supes is introducing the new Supergirl to the Superheroes of the world and Green arrow says to some JLA members..."You know, if we were all attacked and destroyed, you know who would have to protect the planet?" Some of the other JLA members groaned "Oh no. Plastic Man!!"