• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name Your Favourite Recent Comic Book Film

Favourite Recent Comic Book Film  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Recent Comic Book Film

60 posts in this topic

In honour of the success of X-Men 2 please vote for your favourite super-hero flick from the last few years. Try (I know its hard) to vote according to your enjoyment level for the film rather than preference for a particular character:

Josie and the pussycats!!!!!!!! How soon they forget. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Hey! That was a good movie! Of course, I love any movie that will blatantly mock its target audience in such a way that they will never even see it happening. wink.gif Oh, and Josie was supremely "woo-woo." grin.gif

While I admit that X2 blew me away, especially the CGI, I have to go with Spider-Man for the overall feel and cohesion. The CGI was in fact all little dodgy in places, but the film held together superbly in all other departments.

It wasn't just a great comic book movie, it was a great movie. grin.gif

I had to go with Blade II. It was one of the VERY few "almost total action" films that held my interest. The Batmans tend to suffer from the same formula - first 30 minutes are AMAZING then it all goes to Hades. Spidey I liked a lot but they tried to compress WAY too much of the MJ/Peter aspect and that is a VERY important part - and also made you leave the movie with the feeling (especially if you are not a comic fan) that MJ/Petey were not meant to be. Also truly despised the Green Goblin CGI - it looked exactly like a Satyurday morning Power Rangers POS.

(sorry)

And WHY is not The Shadow or the wonderous "Flash! Ahhh-ahhhh - he saved everyone of us!" Flash Gordon with music by Queen listed?

And WHY is not The Shadow or the wonderous "Flash! Ahhh-ahhhh - he saved everyone of us!" Flash Gordon with music by Queen listed?

OK - you said "recent" - but my main movie watching is from the 30's and 40's so they ARE recent! grin.gif

I like the fact that you have already answered you own question Pov grin.gif, but I ran the poll for films over the last few years just to keep it managable.

There have been so many comic books film over the years that I would have run out of space otherwise shocked.gif.

Look out for a favourite comic book movie poll for old timers coming soon though. tongue.gifgrin.gif

Also truly despised the Green Goblin CGI - it looked exactly like a Satyurday morning Power Rangers POS.

I totally agree with this, and if Spidey would have had a more down-to-earth villain, the movie would have been even better.

I had some non-comic book fans over to see the DVD (yes, some people have not seen the movie grin.gif) and they were all totally enthralled through the opening/origin sequences, and I mean deep into it. But when the Green Goblin appeared, you could see the mood change, and the group started to get a bit restless.

One gal stated after the movie" The first part was sooooo cool and interesting, even realistic, then when the Green Goblin came in, he was... stupid-looking, like a comic book."

I liked the movie a lot, but some of the Green Goblin scenes made even me cringe. That was the only real mistake in an otherwise superlative movie.

I liked the movie a lot, but some of the Green Goblin scenes made even me cringe. That was the only real mistake in an otherwise superlative movie.

JC, it doesn't happen often but we definitely see eye-to-eye on this! grin.gif

While I admit that X2 blew me away, especially the CGI, I have to go with Spider-Man for the overall feel and cohesion. The CGI was in fact all little dodgy in places, but the film held together superbly in all other departments.

It wasn't just a great comic book movie, it was a great movie. grin.gif

Oh come on, Tobey "I'm a wooden boy" Maguire SUCKED. Actually, the acting all the way around was pretty weak, IMO. Campy, even. But don't get me wrong, I LOVED the movie... but the acting sucked. wink.gifgoodevil.gif

The best way I can say it is:

Spider-man was such a killer story, that even bad acting, slightly comical CGI and the laughable Green Goblin couldn't stop it from becoming a huge blockbuster.

The best way I can say it is:

Spider-man was such a killer story, that even bad acting, slightly comical CGI and the laughable Green Goblin couldn't stop it from becoming a huge blockbuster.

True dat, yo.

True dat.

slightly comical CGI and the laughable Green Goblin

27_laughing.gifNice synopsis.

The things you mention are the things taking the flick out of the all time classic category IMO. Even with (hopefully) improved CGI in the sequel it can't really hope to compete with the first as the basic story has been told, and all that is left are a series of fight scenes.

slightly comical CGI and the laughable Green Goblin

27_laughing.gifNice synopsis.

The things you mention are the things taking the flick out of the all time classic category IMO. Even with (hopefully) improved CGI in the sequel it can't really hope to compete with the first as the basic story has been told, and all that is left are a series of fight scenes.

So is that how you feel about Amazing Spider-Man issues #2-5,000,000,000?

So is that how you feel about Amazing Spider-Man issues #2-5,000,000,000?

The first Spider-Man film wasn't just about issue #1 of the comic book, but as far as character development is concerned was a compression of issues 1-122 or so.

And as far as Spidey's meaningfull development goes, that about covers it. grin.gif