• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking to buy ASM pages (only have a few hundred $$$ to spend)

8 posts in this topic

Thanks pkveronese... I did see those but not really thrilled with them.. What do you think about them?

I like a couple of them, but I kinda feel the same way you do. There are some nice Romita Jr. spec spidey and "adjectiveless" spidey pages on the site too, but I understand the situation (they aren't from ASM). Romita doesn't sell his stuff anymore, so if you wanted a romita spidey page, they will be kinda hard to come by (or really pricey).

Are there any artists in particular you are looking for an ASM page? Let me know and I'll keep a look out for them. Also, if you like Bagley's art, think about the Ultimate Spider-man stuff. I don't think as this as a 2nd tier spidey title (I honestly would rank it ahead of ASM right now and for the past few years), and I think this disparity will only grow in the coming years (especially if Marvel ever Ulitmatizes everything). There are some really nice Ultimate Spidey pages to be had, especially since they have been somewhat dense in character appearances in the past couple of years. Regardless, let me know what you think, and I'll be glad to keep a look out! - Keith

pkveronese thanks for the post. I am trying really hard to stay with ASM OA, since I only collect ASM comics. I thought about buying some non ASM OA, but at least for my 1st piece, I want to hit my target.

The trouble is I don't have a fav. artist. I would love ASM OA from the 80's since that was the height of my comic collecting days. I guess for my 1st piece I want a page that has ASM on it, and hopefully a somewhat popular villan. I saw some pages without SM on them but they had the Vulture and or Kingpin. I want to picky but not too picky...

Problems problems problems!!!

pkveronese thanks for the post. I am trying really hard to stay with ASM OA, since I only collect ASM comics. I thought about buying some non ASM OA, but at least for my 1st piece, I want to hit my target.

The trouble is I don't have a fav. artist. I would love ASM OA from the 80's since that was the height of my comic collecting days. I guess for my 1st piece I want a page that has ASM on it, and hopefully a somewhat popular villan. I saw some pages without SM on them but they had the Vulture and or Kingpin. I want to picky but not too picky...

Problems problems problems!!!

Being picky is good though, most 80s ASM pages aren't cheap (you could still afford one in your range though - it may take a litle while to get a anice McFarlane page - they are usually 1K+), so if you're getting one, you might as well wait until something you really dig comes along. I would just be patient (as lame as athat sounds smile.gif). You'll find the right one. And too, if you find one you really like, but miss out on it, don't be too upset. When I just started coillecting, the whole "there is only one piece of art like this..." mentality definitely reigned in my mind, so if I saw a piece I really wanted and didn't win it (or be able to buy it before it sold), I would be very regretful. But, even in my short time collecting, I have seen the many comparable, if not better, items come around. and even the same page coming around for sale multiple times. So if you think you've missed out on a page, you probably haven't. With that being said, I'll keep a look out for the ASM pages, and I'll PM you if I see any.. - Keith