• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 232

39 posts in this topic

Apparently CGC missed the doodling; here are the graders' notes:

7.5/7.5/7.5

Off-white pages; light wear 3 corners; light spine stress, upper spine; light fingerprints LRFC; pages 1-4 and 9-13 corner crease top right

Now they don't note everything, and that is a LOT of notes, but I think they would have mentioned interior writing if they saw it . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep, must have missed it. To be fair, there isn't much of it and I only picked up on it because I *gasp* READ the comic! I know, I should be drawn and quartered for cracking a slab and then reading the contents! blush.gif

Thanks for getting the notes by the way. thumbsup2.gif

6 or 7 of the interior pages have dog-eared corners and a few words were underlined in red in the interior word bubbles.

VG/FN 5.0 sumo.gifsorry.gif

893whatthe.gif Wow. Way harsh! These are interior pages here.

Yes, that's what makes it a comic book 27_laughing.gif and not a baseball card wink.gif

CGC didn't agree with you. wink.gif

232label.jpg

Kudos to The King for nailing it dead on!! hail.gif

acclaim.gifyeahok.gif

Great book. What makes it even better is that it is slabbed!!! Now we can all force ourselves to forget the damage on the inside! You could have festering roach entrails in the book, but as long as its in a slab it is just a figment of our imagination. thumbsup2.gifyay.gif

6 or 7 of the interior pages have dog-eared corners and a few words were underlined in red in the interior word bubbles.

Yes, that's what makes it a comic book 27_laughing.gif and not a baseball card wink.gif

232label.jpg

acclaim.gifyeahok.gif

Great book. What makes it even better is that it is slabbed!!! Now we can all force ourselves to forget the damage on the inside! You could have festering roach entrails in the book, but as long as its in a slab it is just a figment of our imagination. thumbsup2.gifyay.gif

from the scan and the comments on the interior- i think it's been cracked open!

232label.jpg

acclaim.gifyeahok.gif

Oh, you're right. He did mention that he took it out of the slab... tonofbricks.gif

232label.jpg

acclaim.gifyeahok.gif

Yep, I liberate all my stuff.

Lucky guess... you are the king of BA upgrades! And I am assembling a nice BA Batman collection from your leftovers. thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif You aren't the only one! I can't stop buying these things. It's a sickness.

Here's a quick & easy cure for you, Andy: switch to GA! 27_laughing.gif

Aside from the odd BA Bat-book or SA Spidey, I'm lucky if I average one (GA) purchase a month...

This won't be extremely helpful tongue.gif but I'll be the first to admit that I really don't know how to grade a book with these particular hidden defects, other than to call it 8.5 (Q) which I probably would if I were going to sell it.

I was thinking the same thing.

UPDATE:

The guy who bought my Batman 232 formerly CGCed at 7.5 (with the intererior writing & dogears) said he just got it back from PGX.

The grade?

893whatthe.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

screwy.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

Lucky guess... you are the king of BA upgrades! And I am assembling a nice BA Batman collection from your leftovers. thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif You aren't the only one! I can't stop buying these things. It's a sickness.

Aside from the odd BA Bat-book or SA Spidey, I'm lucky if I average one (GA) purchase a month...

Andy, just noticed this exchange of ours from February (earlier in this thread). At the time, it seemed highly unlikely that you actually would dabble in GA...but these days, you buy an LB Cole book every freakin' day! yay.gif

Andy, just noticed this exchange of ours from February (earlier in this thread). At the time, it seemed highly unlikely that you actually would dabble in GA...but these days, you buy an LB Cole book every freakin' day! yay.gif

27_laughing.gif Weird! I took your advice I guess....belatedly.

27_laughing.gif Weird! I took your advice I guess....belatedly.

Are you following me into pre-code Andy? 893applaud-thumb.gif Now if I could only quit buying all the other stuff. sorry.gif