• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 232

39 posts in this topic

6 or 7 of the interior pages have dog-eared corners and a few words were underlined in red in the interior word bubbles. Front and back covers have only the lightest spine creases, most of which don't break color. Some very light tanning to the edges. OW pages. That's about it. Thanks!

BM232.jpg

bm232bk.jpg

6 or 7 of the interior pages have dog-eared corners and a few words were underlined in red in the interior word bubbles. Front and back covers have only the lightest spine creases, most of which don't break color. Some very light tanning to the edges. OW pages. That's about it. Thanks!

BM232.jpg

bm232bk.jpg

if i grade it a VG will you sell it to me at a VG price?

This won't be extremely helpful tongue.gif but I'll be the first to admit that I really don't know how to grade a book with these particular hidden defects, other than to call it 8.5 (Q) which I probably would if I were going to sell it.

Going on intuition, my "guess" at an unqualified grade would be in the 4.5 to 5.5 range, but I'd like to know more about how to calculate this grade. David, what "formula" if any are you using to bring it in at 5.0?

This won't be extremely helpful tongue.gif but I'll be the first to admit that I really don't know how to grade a book with these particular hidden defects, other than to call it 8.5 (Q) which I probably would if I were going to sell it.

Going on intuition, my "guess" at an unqualified grade would be in the 4.5 to 5.5 range, but I'd like to know more about how to calculate this grade. David, what "formula" if any are you using to bring it in at 5.0?

I've got serious issues with "doodling" on or inside comic books. It's all about whether you, as a collector can live with the defect. I personally don't care for writing of any kind, and some is worse than others. For example, you often see the "Mighty Marvel Checklist" either circled or checked - I hate this.

No formula really, except that I have a hard time putting the described defects in a Fine condition grade, and I think I'm being generous due to the book's obvious positives. That being said, the (Q) grade may be the most appropriate here. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

6 or 7 of the interior pages have dog-eared corners and a few words were underlined in red in the interior word bubbles.

VG/FN 5.0 sumo.gifsorry.gif

893whatthe.gif Wow. Way harsh! These are interior pages here.

Yes, that's what makes it a comic book 27_laughing.gif and not a baseball card wink.gif

6 or 7 of the interior pages have dog-eared corners and a few words were underlined in red in the interior word bubbles.

VG/FN 5.0 sumo.gifsorry.gif

893whatthe.gif Wow. Way harsh! These are interior pages here.

Yes, that's what makes it a comic book 27_laughing.gif and not a baseball card wink.gif

CGC didn't agree with you. wink.gif

232label.jpg

Kudos to The King for nailing it dead on!! hail.gif

893whatthe.gif

Man, I really give up trying to guess CGC grades. No offense to Andy's #232, which is obviously a sharp-looking book, but to me CGC's thinking on this doesn't make any sense.

First off, I really think the book should have been given a qualified grade. High-grade book with an unseen defect not allowable in grade...isn't that what Qualified grades are for? confused-smiley-013.gif

Secondly, why wouldn't these defects be noted on the label? I'm with David, that this is a defect I would have a hard time getting past above Fine.

I just don't get it.

(But all this said, Andy, a week or two from now this will probably be your undercopy.....and I'll be trying to buy it from you.) 27_laughing.gif

232label.jpg

We didn't know you actually submitted that POS smarta$$ 27_laughing.gif

And, were those your notes or CGC's grading notes? Did they even see the doodling in question? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd be one unhappy puppy to crack that open and see the interior flaws without any comment . . .

caveat emptor! devil.gif

And, were those your notes or CGC's grading notes? Did they even see the doodling in question? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd be one unhappy puppy to crack that open and see the interior flaws without any comment . . .

caveat emptor! devil.gif

( gossip.gifDid you see my post just before yours?) hi.gif

And..I agree...It makes me wonder if a) they didn't see the defects or

b) they saw them and don't care/decide to note them...

Either way...not good....

232label.jpg

We didn't know you actually submitted that POS smarta$$ 27_laughing.gif

caveat emptor! devil.gif

I didn't submit it, I bought it slabbed for a really nice price from a boardmember. Now I guess I know why. crazy.gif Next time I will check the notes! I still think it's a really nice copy for a VF-. The front and back look close to a 9.0 without the defects.

893whatthe.gif

Man, I really give up trying to guess CGC grades. No offense to Andy's #232, which is obviously a sharp-looking book, but to me CGC's thinking on this doesn't make any sense.

First off, I really think the book should have been given a qualified grade. High-grade book with an unseen defect not allowable in grade...isn't that what Qualified grades are for? confused-smiley-013.gif

Secondly, why wouldn't these defects be noted on the label? I'm with David, that this is a defect I would have a hard time getting past above Fine.

I just don't get it.

(But all this said, Andy, a week or two from now this will probably be your undercopy.....and I'll be trying to buy it from you.) 27_laughing.gif

Upgraded it today, PM me if you want it.

Apparently CGC missed the doodling; here are the graders' notes:

7.5/7.5/7.5

Off-white pages; light wear 3 corners; light spine stress, upper spine; light fingerprints LRFC; pages 1-4 and 9-13 corner crease top right

Now they don't note everything, and that is a LOT of notes, but I think they would have mentioned interior writing if they saw it . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif