• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #6 CGC This?

45 posts in this topic

i actually think it makes a good professional restoration candidate...

Only if you mean as a book for a restorer to practice on.

If you were to send this to a pro to restore, I'd probably cost much more to restore this to one piece than it would cost to simply buy a decent low/midgrade copy. Not even counting the aesthetic work, you'd be talking thousands of dollars just to get this book back into one piece.

It finished at $75! 893whatthe.gif That's just crazy. Superman 6 is one of my grail books, but this is the nastiest copy I've ever seen, and the pages are so rough that it wouldn't even have value as a decent coverless book if you threw the covers away. I wouldn't have been tempted at $25, and for a low-grade GA junkie like me that's saying something...

I think it's a fair price. It guides for $300 in Good. Meaning a decent looking less-than-good copy should go for half that, $150. For someone who wants a filler for less than $100, this is what they would expect. It's the perfect find for the extreme-budget collector.

Yep, I do see what you're saying, Rob. I just meant that speaking for myself (as one of those budget collectors), I'd much rather have a clean coverless copy of a #6, or a Fair copy missing a few pages which at least has some structural integrity going for it. One fellow's opinion.

27_laughing.gif I knew which one you meant before I even followed the link. That one's been making the rounds on ebay for a year or two. I guess with the 10-cent listing day, the guy thought this might be the time he finally moves it! $200 is a tad optimistic for that book, I'd say. wink.gif

based on what I've sold some later (post '45) and much more insiginifcant mangled (but not that mangled) reader copies (missing some pages) of Actions and Detectives for, i don't think $75 was that bad. figure out a way to remove that tape, fix up the spine and attach the pages and it wouldn't be so bad. And that sort of stuff in genuine "good" often sells for more than guide. Granted, this would be restored, but if all the pages are there....

Here's another trashed Superman book... Could be the perfect companion piece for whoever bought that trashed Superman #6.

The BIN of $175 here might be just a wee bit optimistic. I like this line in the auction:

perhaps Susan Ciccioni or Mett Nelson can save this beauty

Really, ya think? 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

Here's another trashed Superman book... Could be the perfect companion piece for whoever bought that trashed Superman #6.

The BIN of $175 here might be just a wee bit optimistic. I like this line in the auction:

perhaps Susan Ciccioni or Mett Nelson can save this beauty

Really, ya think? 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

I think whoever wins this book should contact the artist who restored that 'Tec from the other thread, hairy chest and all. insane.gif