• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

delayed and unfinished series.

32 posts in this topic

this is gonna be a bit of a rant so brace yourselves.

i for one am a regular comic buyer, in that i go to my local comic book store every thursday and snap up the lastest issues. when i can. point being week after week books i collect aren't out.

daredevil the target - where the f**k is this baby, out last november, is it yearly?!

the ultimates - i reckon it was 2 months ago when i last had an issue of this!

darkminds; macropolis - ????

fate of the blade - ????

some of you guys must read these and also wonder where the f**k they are, any ideas? in all fairness i won't be buying anymore dreamwave comics until the series has finished and i can pick em up off ebay for a fraction of the price.

rantpost.gif

Yeah, I know what you mean, the Ultimates, in my opinoin, one of the best books out there and the constany lateness is really getting to me... come on Mike Millar, get it together!

yeah seem the Ulitimates are running on a 6 week schedule, sometimes more mad.gif I typically just buy comics once a month (budget reasons) and sometimes I go two months without getting a new issue in some series

You know what the funniest part is about Daredevil: The Target #2?????

It's not even late!

Because it hasn't even BEEN SOLICITED yet!

I get customers coming in all the time asking about it and wondering how late it is... Between that and Spider-Man/Black Cat, I guess he just has too much on his plate.

I was just on the Diamond Website going back through my unfilled orders to see what was still outstanding. It was nice to see that the Spawn 125s I ordered back in June 2002 are finally about to ship. Spawn ships every 30 days just like clockwork, but always nine months behind... I thought it was interesting that I ordered the same number of copies (44) of Ultimates 10 last month that I did the first time the book was solicited, 6 MONTHS AGO in September. At this rate I think we're looking at Ultimates 12 by next Valentine's Day.

But the absolute funniest thing I have seen recently, is the current solicitation for Aphrodite IX, a new ongoing.... coming soon to a comic shop near you... tongue.gif

daredevil the target - where the f**k is this baby, out last november, is it yearly?!

the ultimates - i reckon it was 2 months ago when i last had an issue of this!

With regards to the DD series, I have two words for you: Kevin Smith. Anyone who's ever bought a Kevin Smith written title is not at all surprised by the delays with this one. Same goes for Spidey & Black Cat. As for what we can do about it, I would say not much. Marvel dangled one of their holy trinity titles in front of Kevin Smith and his penchance for delay blew that opportunity, so I'd say, don't expect the books too much and be happy when you get them.

As far as Ultimates go, this book is very frustrating. It's been the best of the "Ultimate" books over the last year but it's about 2 or 3 months between issues...What can you do?

When books are constantly late, it turns people off to comics. It certainly has for me with new books... although I still read them, my anxiousness to get to the store is severely lessened. When books like Ultimates have no proper timetable or Planetary never comes out then I can't say I'm that excited... when I get to the store I get there... and of course, when I go to the store, I pick up fewer and fewer books instead of trying stuff out that's on the shelf. I'll probably go once a month for new books now... and half the time the books I'm looking for haven't shipped in that time.

Or the Image 10th anniversary special...err...wait...nevermind! 27_laughing.gif

this is being Cancelled and will be resolicited Next week as the Image 25th aniversary special.

Soliciting now means it shoul;e be ready by the 25th aniversary... if there is one

Oh yeah, and what about the big climax of Alan Moore's "1963" series when the characters were supposed to pop forward to the Image 1993 (?) universe?

Yeah, I know what you mean, the Ultimates, in my opinoin, one of the best books out there and the constany lateness is really getting to me... come on Mike Millar, get it together!

I don't think you can blame Millar for the Ultimates shipping late. It has far more to do with Hitch. He puts so much detail into his artwork, which is great WHEN we see it, but the guy just can't keep to a monthly schedule.

I guess they prefer continuity of art over the regularity of the book. New X-Men has had similar problems with Frank Quitely, but Marvel went with the rotating artist approach, to keep that book on schedule.

I'll take a good book on time! I hate when you have to go looking through your boxes or holding books out for months so you can re-read them to remember what happened before reading the next issue. I think this all started with Image and the other independants in the early 90s explosion. They would hype books like crazy for a year, put out the first issue, and then maybe get 3 more issues out over the next 10 months!! Anyone remember Wetworks by Whilce Portacio? A buddy of mine was wearing a Wetworks T-shirt for a full year before issue #1 finally came out. He had to throw the shirt away before #3 came out over a half year later, and gave up on the series. If the art takes too long, then be less detailed. That is the problem with the creator-owned explosion of the 90s, most of the creators were artists. Guys like Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld put so much into the art, they forgot that people buy the comics to read the stories! If you want to make a nice picture book, by all means take a year or two and make the most beautiful drawings in the world, but if you want to make a comic book, you need a good story and continuity and timely releases. I'll take a great story put out every 4 weeks drawn by a fifth grader before some [!@#%^&^]-poorly written book put out whenever they feel like putting it out just because the pictures are nice!

Just as a side note... even if you think hush isn't all that good... the art is pretty damn spectacular... and it comes out on time. Proving that a great art can come out every four weeks. Now, although I LOVE Bryan Hitch's art it's hard to believe that the book can be that erratic. As to Battlechasers if I ever see Joe Mad again in comics, I'll be sure to never, ever buy it. That's a guy who I have to believe didn't really even love the medium... because he jumped out very quickly.