• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarest Bronze aged comics

33 posts in this topic

"WTF is with that pricing? $100 for a #1?"

No way that book is $100 - I figure they must have tagged it high due to the high prices for the Jonah Hex All Star Westerns and Weird Western Tales. Then again, they do have Spider-woman #1s at $15 grin.gif

lol some of the books that you guys are rare are probably rare because no1 wants them..did I mention the old Heathcliff books are fairly rare? Also, are Wyatt Erp books pretty hard to find? An antique shop back home has a small stack.

Brian

"some of the books that you guys are rare are probably rare because no1 wants them"

Yup...not anywhere near as many people looking for these books compared to other titles. I bet if some of these titles became hot for some reason or another (and I doubt they will), you'd see more copies coming out of the woodwork. Wyatt Earps are tough in high grade (the early 70s Marvel title).

You guys have books that you can find at any big show. Find these and I'll give you a big cookie:

Weird Wonder Tales 15 30 cent variant (how many are there? I've got one. Silverandbronze has one. Jeff Amanson has one. That's it, that we know of).

Any Sgt. Fury 35 cent variant (they might not exist)

Christmas & Archie treasury (listed as "Rare" by Overstreet)

Cancelled Comic Cavalcade 1 and 2 (only 35 made)

Captain Canuck 4 2nd Printing (only 15 printed)

Marvel Comics Super Special 11-13 Proof Copies (only 25 of each printed)

Captain Canuck 4 2nd Printing (only 15 printed)

What's the story here, Dan? Why'd they bother with a 15 copy run? The unit cost to print must have been stupidly high..

Regarding the Christmas with Archie treasury, I currently own 1 and used to own another. I knew the person who I bought my better copy had another so it may not be technically rare. Probably the first Rudolph treasury may be harder to find. I was lucky to buy one via a CBG ad many years ago. Damn, I only have the 1st printing of the Captain Canuck 4! frown.gif

Thanks, Darth! These 4 books look untouched and minty fresh. I guess no one wanted to look at David Cassidy. I bought them because I wanted to see what a romance comic was like and my local comic shop guy just handed me a few issues at some token small price. I read one, decided the women in them were insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and put them away. If you got $5 for yours, maybe I can unload mine.

-- Joanna

Mmmm, aren't women portrayed as insufficiently_thoughtful_persons in most of those love comics! Actually, the best part of these love comics are the letters' page. One of the DC title had a male chauvinist columnist and it is quite interesting reading his "advice" to the poor young teenage girls! wink.gif

Mmmm, aren't women portrayed as insufficiently_thoughtful_persons in most of those love comics!

Apparently so. I'd never read one, and wanted to see what they were like. At that point, the only person I knew who collected comics was the guy who got me started again. He was a gay male with absolutely no interest in het romance comics. So I was on my own.

On a side note, I sent off my pitch to DC today, so wish me luck, guys! I am really in the mood to write more comics, and hope they give me a thumbs up.

-- Joanna

Yeah, most the women run back to their mates regardless of the number of betrayals that the guy committed! frown.gif Good luck with your pitch to DC! smile.gif