• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Take Two Books Off The Ewert List

10 posts in this topic

I thought I'd share some data. I had purchased two slabbed books directly from Jason Ewert in January 2005: House of Mystery #210 9.4 cert #6505493966 and House of Secrets #117 9.6 cert #6505500392. After realizing this, and worried these books might have been tampered with, I sent them in to CGC for another review 10 days ago. The day the books were received at CGC I received a nice phone call from one of their employees, Gemma, letting me know that CGC would immediately re-examine the two books. They were re-examined and found to be un-tampered with. CGC re-slabbed them with new certification numbers and sent them back to me. I received them today. As a new collector I was/am impressed with the care and responsiveness shown to me by CGC. For those keeping the master Jason Ewert listing, these two books can definitely come off the list! Thanks, Mark B. Ledenbach

Since this is not in Comics General, you may want to PM BronzeBruce13 and comicwiz to share this info.

Thanks for the update marlede!

registry updated; type in term "cleared" in the search field and you'll see notation made on the record.

Alternatively, you can type in the subdomain http://cleared.comicwiz.com and it will populate the results automatically for you... thumbsup2.gif

1 1 02-Feb-05 6508109966 Justice League of America 53 9.4 $207.50 98447009

I just got word from Mr. Patel that this book was trimmed. Can someone take this info to the registry? I'm not sure how to do that or who to contact. Thanks.

Bummer! frown.gif

Thanks for notifying us. thumbsup2.gif

I just got word from Mr. Patel that this book was trimmed. Can someone take this info to the registry? I'm not sure how to do that or who to contact. Thanks.

So here's a book trimmed with a grade date of November 2004. It was probably part of an economy submission, which means that it was submitted three or four months or so before it was graded (because of the backlog on economy subs back in 2004, which I'm sure everyone remembers were terrible -- Economy was running at four months turnaround, and in some cases even longer).

That means that this book was probably trimmed in July 2004 or earlier. Granted, it wasn't graded until November 2004, but what do you think are the chances that Jason submitted other books that were express or standard subs around the same time (July 2004)? Pretty good, I would think.

Someone tell me again why we're limiting re-checks to only those books graded between September 2004 and September 2005?

So here's a book trimmed with a grade date of November 2004. It was probably part of an economy submission, which means that it was submitted three or four months or so before it was graded (because of the backlog on economy subs back in 2004, which I'm sure everyone remembers were terrible -- Economy was running at four months turnaround, and in some cases even longer).

That means that this book was probably trimmed in July 2004 or earlier. Granted, it wasn't graded until November 2004, but what do you think are the chances that Jason submitted other books that were express or standard subs around the same time (July 2004)? Pretty good, I would think.

Someone tell me again why we're limiting re-checks to only those books graded between September 2004 and September 2005?

Well we are not limiting them to that date range, CGC is - nevertheless an excellent question, given when this book was subbed it would seem to indicate the range is too narrow. Also given that it was CGC that rechecked the book and given that they know when it was subbed, you would think they would expand the range themselves and issue a statement to that effect no? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif