• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 12 value?

23 posts in this topic

OK, so I'm serioulsy debating whether or not to throw down a bid on blazingbob's X-Men 12 book. I've always wanted to own the 1st ever Juggernaut...but is the price totally on the high side?

And my favorite comic of ALL-TIME has to be ASM 230 - who can't forget the Spidey/Juggernaut battle where Spidey never ever gave up. I must have read that issue 25 times!!!!!!

X-Men #12 is a pretty tough book and has always been highly priced compared to the surrounding issues. How much does Bob want for it and what grade?

Good call on the ASM. cool.gif

Although that seems initially high... keep in mind that according to the census there are only 2 9.6s and 8 other 9.4s. On that basis, although the book isn't one I'd personally want, I think $2500 is high, but reasonable, number. If I had the funds and wanted the book, I think the price is within range.

September 29th, 2002 -- CGC 9.4 copy with ow/w pages went for $2500

November 12th, 2002 -- same CGC 9.4 copy with ow/w pages from same seller went for $2025 (guess the buyer didn't pay the first time)

i've followed that book myself since i had an 8.0 copy in hand, but about 2 months ago, it went for 1700 at a hertiage auction (to which you had to add the 15% gratuity, or whatever the amount is)

Gee all these high prices is making me think of Flipping the X-men Lot I won last week to make some cash.

Think these will make me money once CGC'd

10-VG/F

11-G/VG

12-G/VG

15-G/VG

24-VG-

25-G/VG

26-VG/F

27-VG/F

28-VG

29-G/VG

32-F/VF

33-VG+

36-VG/F

37-VG/F

38-VG

43-VG

47-VG+

48-VG/F

nope... probably cost you more to slab them... books usually only do well when at least 9.0 or better... I like fine and below, but lower grade books don't do that well... I was offered some random X-Men issues from a store in Jersey at almost 30-40% off and they were cgc'd but were VG+ and below. I passed, and so far everyone else I know has too. Most people who buy VGs want to read them...

Bob's X-Men 12 isn't in the CGC well as we know it:

x12.jpg

Which means this book was graded early on in CGC's existence. Could make this book a re-sub 9.6 candidate if you believe those who say this was a harsh time for CGC grading. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I guess if Bob had thought so, he might have done so... maybe to his eye it was done right.

Yes, perhaps. Re-submission on a big money book like this is like paying Russian Roulette. Having said that, however, from the scan, the book appears to be NM. Could be a 9.6, but if it was me I would just have it re-slabbed not re-graded.

Hmmm, I wonder if that book would even still grade a 9.4, it may have been damaged in that case. Thats the worst case of slippage I have seen so far. shocked.gif

Yep, it's sagging alright. It sure needs a "lift". grin.gif