• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 12 value?

23 posts in this topic

Blowout,

Actually these "non well" books even if slid around in the interior plastic flap do not cause damage to the book. There is nothing for the books edges to indent into, like a new CGC well has.

Beautiful copy of a hard to find issue...I would buy it now if you need it, I guarantee you come SD it will be gone

Glad to see my books generate a lot of publicity.

Book was sold and I think both of us will do just fine. I got my price and a nice book in trade, he gets a killer X-Men #12 in 9.4 that I think could get a 9.6. And if CGC was in NJ I would have run over and gotten it regraded. But what's the alternative. Crack it out, ship it, risk damaging it, 8 hands handling it and the possibility I get a 9.4 again.

I think that if the new owner wants to take a shot this book could grade a 9.6 and if he did I've made a good customer extremely happy. And believe it or not I do actually want to make customers glad they bought the book.

I would normally say stay away from paying too high of a price for a book like that.

That being said, ask Bob for a scan of the back cover. If there are no defects at all

that is one nice looking book and I agree that the book could be a re-sub and get a 9.6.

893offtopic1.gif

On a slightly different note, I picked up (and I do mean pick-up) my first group of submits to CGC yesterday and I was very happy with their grading and their security at their site.

I did get a Barney book back, but that's not their fault. Unfortunately it was a Strange Tales #110 in VF+ with a "very small amount of color touch on cover". flamed.gif Just confirms why I only buy CGC books if I am going to spend more than $100.