• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman - Unleashed

25 posts in this topic

As I am a cards guy, this is my first post to the comics forum ... so please be gentle ...

My 4-year-old daughter had a question that I couldn't answer, but I knew the experts on this forum would be the authorities on the subject:

What are the words to the Spiderman song from the cartoon series?

You know...

Spiderman, Spiderman.

Does whatever a spider can ....

What's the rest?

Spider-Man, Spider-Man

Does what ever a Spider can

Spins a Web? Any size

Catches thieves? Just like flies

Look out!

Here comes the Spider-Man!

Is he strong? Listen bud

he's got radio active-blood

Can he swing from a thread

Take a look over head!

Hey, there

There goes the Spider-Man

In the chill of night

At the scene of the crime

Like a streak of light

He Arrives just in time

Spider-Man, Spider-Man

Friendly nieghborhood Spider-Man

Wealth and fame he's ignored

Action is his reward

To him, life is a great big bang-up

Where ever there's a hang-up

You'll find the Spider-Man!

What a great theme song, huh? It's so damn "singable"... I can't even read the words that CI wrote down for us without wanting to sing along a little bit.

I bet that song directly and indirectly spawned a not-so-insignificant percentage of today's interest in the character.

Yeah, the animation is terrible but the voice work is really good and overall it's actually pretty damn entertaining for a 30 year old tv show!

They have reruns here ("Teletoon Retro") all the time around midnight so I've actually seen 10-15 episodes over the past year or two.

Did you ever notice tho that a couple of episodes of spider-man and rocket robin hood, anyone remember that show wink.gif , they did the same storyline and animation and just swithced the two characters in it smile.gif.

Yeah, the animation is terrible but the voice work is really good

I grew up with that damn cartoon, and to this day when I read a Spidey comic the voices I imagine for Peter/Spidey and J.J.J. are from that show! And at least the sixties cartoon Spidey changed his voice when he was in costume, unlike Tobey McGuire(who sounded like a dork in the costume).

Did you ever notice tho that a couple of episodes of spider-man and rocket robin hood, anyone remember that show , they did the same storyline and animation and just swithced the two characters in it

Yeah, I remember that! It was the Mole Man, right?(though he looked different than he did in the FF Comics). And how about how the second season of the cartoon had weird skies for a backdrop and nutty music?

I don't remember that one, but there was one that was reused over and over on both shows where a giant plant wreaks havoc on the populace; they had to feed the thing some kind of diamonds and that destroyed it.

I'm getting nostalgic. Why can't these be on DVD?