• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman - Unleashed

25 posts in this topic

And how about how the second season of the cartoon had weird skies for a backdrop and nutty music?

Yep, that was the psychedelic 60's at work, not to mention a dirt-cheap animation studio that re-used from their entire stable, and vice versa.

You mentioned a few of the "re-adapted" storylines, where it's essentially the same cartoon, but a few things have been changed. That plant/weed/vine that needs to be fed diamonds (which are taken from plants/caveman/etc.) is a real classic.

When I watched these as reruns, the one episode that seemed to be repeated ad infinitum was Kotep The Sorceror.

Aiiiiieeeeee Back.... into... the... depths... of time. Eeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiii

Nah, he kinda looked like Egghead with pointy Spock ears. His power was in some sceptre and when Spidey broke it, he fell back into the depths of time...

Some versions of the cartoon had him uttering a blood-curdling scream while crossing his arms across his face (which was pretty cool) while others just had him standing there like a dork until he disappeared.

That 90's Spider-Man cartoon theme wasn't bad either. Kind of a electronic voice saying Spider-Man's name over and over. But I'd take the original theme anyday. That one is still my favorite.

In the Spider-Man Movie, did that street person in one of the scenes seem like he was trying to play the old Spider-Man theme on guitar? Anyone catch that?