• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men #50 says its a 9.4 but.....

14 posts in this topic

I may pick it up. This book was popular for a little while, then fell on its face when slabbed copies came up. I have been watching pretty closely. My only concern (beyone the spine creases) was the bottom edge and those two bottom corners. I still say it is a bare minimum 8.5, but if I get it, slab it I would be happy with 8.5 and up depending on price.

-Jeremy-

I have a slabbed 9.0 that doesn't look anywhere as nice as that.

Nice book but don't pay more than $40-50 because if you spend $25 to slab it, and it only back as a 9.0, you could bought a slabbed one to start with.

Still, if the back is nice I think its at least a 9.2.

Thanks for the advice SFILOSA, I have seen copies of 9.2 go for $125+ and then just a few weeks ago a 9.2 not sell at $99 and another 9.2 go for $85. I was going to buy that one, but the seller was a [!@#%^&^] so I decided not to biz. And that 9.2 was georgious!

-Jeremy-

I could be wrong, but I believe one of the X-Men #50 that you saw had an arrival date at the top. That would definitely elimanate a lot of potential buyers (and keep the price down).

I try not to buy books with arrival dates unless it is a book that doesn't come up for sale very often.

I say I was planning on bidding on it until the seller spam emailed me this morning to look at this book since I had been bidding on another #50. I HATE that, so now I won't bid. By the way, no way is that a 9.4.

Yeah, that book I bid on several times, and even after a relist, and I may have even canceled a bid. Because if I remember right that guy was the [!@#%^&^] who was rude to me. So I didn't want to do biz. After all of it that was the book that was up to $120 or so in the first auction and didn't meet reserve and then sold for $85 after relist. If I would have kept my bid in, that book could have hit alteast $100. The writing on the cover was the straw that canceled my bid. It was a very attractive book.

-Jeremy-

More importantly, are we supposed to believe that's a picture of "Gig Harbor Comics" on his auction? If so, he's got one of nicest looking stores sitting on probably some of the most expensive land.. must be making a killing tongue.gif

Brian