• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Snikt!

14 posts in this topic

Man did that suck! Anyone else spend the three minutes needed to read this? The art work was pretty good, but I cant believe they expect people to come back and pay 3 bucks for that! As a serious Wolverine fan I am embarased to call this a Wolverine book mad.gif

I USED to like wolverine a lot. But I quit subscribing to the monthly series some time ago. I think there is too much overexposure with him. They need to quit doing all these b.s. limited series and give him a rest for a little bit. So many other characters that could use the spot light for a while. And no, I wont be picking up any of the new wolv # 1's either. Perhaps they should use their extra resources and try to save X-statix from being cancelled.

Wolverine is to overexposed. Blame X2 I guess. He's on the cover of everything. I like the character, but dang, 893frustrated.gif hold off a little on his appearances. I'm starting to get him confused confused.gif with Lobo after flipping through the latest X-Men Unlimited.

Marvel may never learn. Over-exposure is what killed Venom, and Ghost Rider, and Punisher and a slew of others. It is like when the Xmen started really hitting it big and for a while they had Xmen, Uncanny Xmen, Excalibur, X-Force, X-Factor, Wolverine, Cable....... come on, what happened to focus?

Yep, over exposure did kill Venom and Punisher.. however, Ghost Rider died off due to the fact that it became too sketchy with too many flashbacks (hell they'd flashback to the 2nd Ghost Rider series which was totally lost on the kids reading the book). They attempted to become too "Spawnish" (too much Hell and Devils, Goblins, etc etc) and for the last 30 or so issues of the series it became very repetitive. Not to mention they tried to tie in a bunch of 5th string titles (Nightwatchers, etc) into a huge cross-title story arc which culminated into a very boring conclusion.

If they could just go back to the first 20 or so issues, which I thought were awesome, and continue using new ideas and villains the book would've still been going today...

Brian

Snikt! was AMAZING! I don;t understand why people didn;t like it, I thought it was superb!

dude there are more words in this thread than that book! Sure the art is sweet, but for $3 I want some words, some story, something to keep the book in my hands more than two minutes. I can find nice art all over the place and I dont have to spend money to see it. I prefer a comic with good art and a good story over great art and no story.

Sure the art is sweet, but for $3 I want some words, some story, something to keep the book in my hands more than two minutes. I can find nice art all over the place and I dont have to spend money to see it. I prefer a comic with good art and a good story over great art and no story.

Ahhhhh, music to my ears.

$3, huh? Might I suggest...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2174690083

(And no, this ain't spamming...'cuz it's not my book for sale...

and the man DID ask for a STORY for a change!) grin.gif

Yeah, yeah...I know... 893offtopic1.gif

...Ok, everybody can go back to their 32 Wolverine books for this month now.

Man did that suck! Anyone else spend the three minutes needed to read this? The art work was pretty good, but I cant believe they expect people to come back and pay 3 bucks for that! As a serious Wolverine fan I am embarased to call this a Wolverine book mad.gif

it took you 3 minutes?! smirk.gif

It reminded me of an old batman comic i was once offered in school....it had 2 words in it but at least the story came through via the art..... me snikt nearly looks like its going to be worse than Xsile....i mean WTF was that mini series all about....Mr. Jones should have been ashamed wink.gif

Cheers,

it took you 3 minutes?! smirk.gif

yeah, I went back and read it twice, thought I missed a few pages grin.gif