• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

I graded the book before sending it in. It is very solid, with off-white pages. Right on top of where it says april, there is a tear measuring 3/4" right on the money. CGC did a great job, making sure it didn't show. I was very pleased with the book. CGC was a little hard on the #99 IMO It has white pages, with no tears. I like the idea of buying raw, and looking the book over before sending it to CGC. I am going to be very careful, and search for books with nice colors. BTW the seller gave the #99 a 8.5

who was the seller? You can see the spine clearly takes it out of anything in very fine range. PM if you remember who the seller was. Great books!

I graded the book before sending it in. It is very solid, with off-white pages. Right on top of where it says april, there is a tear measuring 3/4" right on the money. CGC did a great job, making sure it didn't show. I was very pleased with the book. CGC was a little hard on the #99 IMO It has white pages, with no tears. I like the idea of buying raw, and looking the book over before sending it to CGC. I am going to be very careful, and search for books with nice colors. BTW the seller gave the #99 a 8.5

who was the seller? You can see the spine clearly takes it out of anything in very fine range. PM if you remember who the seller was. Great books!

Here's a link to the auction. You will see on about page 3 of his feedback, where I left my first Neg.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N%3AIT&rd=1

Wow, great collections!

I humbly submit my Mad collection. It's definately a work in progress. I've upgraded 2 issues this week (#2 cgc 8.0 and #17 pgx 6.0).

Sorry for the slightly blurry pics :/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by nazmuth

Welcome to the boards!

And what a great set of comics to start posting! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks guys!

I started working on the set in june of last year and finished it in december with a nice diamond run copy of #5. I wanted a complete set pretty above holding out for the perfect copies so a few of the ones I have are complete dogs, but I'm working on correcting that smile.gif

This thread is great, there is nothing like seeing these great groups of old books in one place!

Jon, I made an even better version of your photo.

1165717-jbforbuttock.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif

Adam, I would love to see a group shot of your Golden Age books, . . . but then you would probably have to take it in a giant warehouse.

Actually, not. My GA books fit in a single short box, with a few stragglers in other boxes that may or may not be considered GA based on what the definition of GA is.

Now my atomic age and 50s books...

I actually have my comic stand set up in my liviing room but, alas, no digital camera. There was another party a few years back where 3 of us put together a set of DC greytone comics and placed them on a stand. The result was a floor to ceiling display of greytones starting with almost all of the ones from the 50s, followed by most from the first 3 years of the 60s. Unfortunately, it was recorded on videotape which has been recently taped over.

I was thinking of putting together a montage via photoshop as way of contributing something new to thread.