• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,316 posts in this topic

hello all, I was inspired by this recent thread from a new forum member, Click here

where several group shots of collections are posted, I really enjoy seeing a persons collection all in one shot like this, to me it's like seeing a booth setup at a convention. so I thought I'd post my "group shot" of my Golden Age stuff that I have so far, it's small, but growing...some are CGC some are PGX and some are ungraded, I'd love to see others group shots of their GA books. and if you don't have one, go line 'em up and take a pic. thumbsup2.gif

mycollection1.jpg

Edited by thedude

I don't have group photos, but I'd really like to! I'll try to remedy that. thumbsup2.gif

My GA collection has a bit more breadth...I would probably need to do one photo each for DC, Fox, MLJ, Schomburg covers & LB Cole covers...but the average grade of my GA collection is much lower than yours, with almost none of my pre-'45 books grading out to 4.0 or better. As with Near Mint's collection, I'm very impressed with both the eye appeal and the technical grades of the books you're posting. Great stuff!

You're right, a group shot with all your books together looks very impressive. You've certainly got some great books, as there's no week links in the lot. I'll try and get some group pics as well sometime soon.

Just be careful with all your books lined up on the floor. I can imagine my nephew walking by with a soda, tripping, then taking out all my books in one fall swoop. 893whatthe.gif

I don't have group photos, but I'd really like to! I'll try to remedy that. thumbsup2.gif

My GA collection has a bit more breadth...I would probably need to do one photo each for DC, Fox, MLJ, Schomburg covers & LB Cole covers...but the average grade of my GA collection is much lower than yours, with almost none of my pre-'45 books grading out to 4.0 or better. As with Near Mint's collection, I'm very impressed with both the eye appeal and the technical grades of the books you're posting. Great stuff!

yeah, my collection is small compared to yours and others on these boards, but I'm moving along at a reasonable speed, except for the Action #44, all of my GA books I've purchased just since August of last year,..sort of a late bloomer,..I can't remember who exactly, Batfan or one of the Batman collectors has a group shot of his Batmans 1-11 with himself in the pic, that's an awesome pic.. hope he sees this thread and posts it here..

Edited by thedude

Great collages! There's nothing like a wall of comics so I built my own comics rack. Here's a pick from a Good Girl Art session where put together books from 3 different collections to try and create full runs of Fox good girl comics. The new rack that I built since then is 8' x 8' and holds about 100 comics.

PhotoGGA1.jpg

PhotoGGA4.jpg

PhotoGGA2.jpg

PhotoGGA3.jpg

Near Mint, I can't even look at those pics of yours. I feel like I'm cheating on my own sorry Action & Superman collection. hail.gif

I just posted them so The Dude could see what a nice home his Action #44 will be going to when he finally decides to sell it to me! shy.gif