• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

Cool! The more the merrier.

I get a big kick out of putting sets together for viewing, whether it's by genre, artist, topic, color, year, publisher etc. It's a new way to look at the comics.

Great collages! There's nothing like a wall of comics so I built my own comics rack. Here's a pick from a Good Girl Art session where put together books from 3 different collections to try and create full runs of Fox good girl comics. The new rack that I built since then is 8' x 8' and holds about 100 comics.

PhotoGGA1.jpg

Seven Seas 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6! Where's a #4 for a complete run!

Makes me want to get a digital camera just so I can take another group shot!

Scrooge: you've got a pretty sweet setup in your basement.

I like it but I have no cool books, i.e., no GGA, no Jungle, no cool Four Colors, no GA DCs, ... I guess I should say I don't have any thematic grouping, unless ... I could set up an Airboy display I guess 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Keep'em coming guys popcorn.gif

Great collages! There's nothing like a wall of comics so I built my own comics rack. Here's a pick from a Good Girl Art session where put together books from 3 different collections to try and create full runs of Fox good girl comics. The new rack that I built since then is 8' x 8' and holds about 100 comics.

Didn't have one. confused-smiley-013.gif

.... back then

Makes me want to get a digital camera just so I can take another group shot!

Scrooge: you've got a pretty sweet setup in your basement.

I like it but I have no cool books, i.e., no GGA, no Jungle, no cool Four Colors, no GA DCs, ... I guess I should say I don't have any thematic grouping, unless ... I could set up an Airboy display I guess 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Keep'em coming guys popcorn.gif

You've been picking up quite a few nice 50s books. I pretty certain you could put together an impressive display.

Those are some really "bad" good girls, seank.

And was there a Hitler goes to heck cover there? headbang.gif

Turned out to be a great thread idea Alton!

Awesome books everyone. adamstrange, your books make me want to get into good girl book collecting. nearmint, what can I say but hail.gif

Here's a photo of a few books I own. A couple are virgins to these boards and have never been posted:

882e91d4.jpg

Didn't have one. confused-smiley-013.gif

.... back then

893applaud-thumb.gif

I have 2, 3, and 6. Three more issues and I'll have my first complete Golden Age run!

Those are some really "bad" good girls, seank.

And was there a Hitler goes to heck cover there? headbang.gif

Thanks. The majority of my Golden Age collection is Fiction House. And that is a Hitler goes to heck cover there. VG/F copy, purchased in the 1980s for about $60. No way I could afford one now (if I could find one!).

SO, SO Cool! I too am waiting to buy my 1st GA book (again...sold them all a few years back). But I love seeing the small collections. Makes me realize that I can appreciate a collection of few books, even though I can't afford dozens.

OK, alright, alright !! now this is what I was talking about, incredible books everyone, it's like being at a convention only my wallet isn't screaming, actually, it's better than a convention, cuz the last few cons I've been to, you don't see books of this caliber all together.

love the Good Girl and the ducks, four color, Crime Does not Pay, Actions/Superman's (Nearmint and Durden08), and yes Batman-fan, that's the pic I was referring to, a great group shot of Batman 1-11.

hey Durden08, I didn't know you had an 8.0 Archie and a More Fun, nice.

NearMint, that does look like a friendly home for my Action #44 if I ever sell it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I know it would be loved cloud9.gif

Yeah, I agree: it's really great to see runs of books together like this thumbsup2.gif

I've really enjoyed everyone's contributions so far. I think I'm the most jealous of the WDC&S run, but it's a pretty close call with all the rest...

hey Durden08, I didn't know you had an 8.0 Archie and a More Fun, nice.

I bought the More Fun #32 quite a while ago. It's a very low grade copy, but it is the 3rd highest in the census (Ok, there's only 3 that have been graded). I mainly bought it due to the interior front cover being an ad for Action Comics #1 yay.gif