• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,316 posts in this topic

A few more happy assembleges:

One of the "mini-collections" I've been working on, Timely funnies. Interestingly, these have all come from the same, long-term collector. Like scrooge, I'm a Mighty Mouse fan:

tf_collection.jpg

A run of Clue Comics (Hillman) 1-12. My only "complete" GA run, though I suppose you could argue that I don't have the S&K Vol2 issue:

clue_collection.jpg

Boy Comics, 49 issues and counting:

boy_collection.jpg

And finally, four of my earlier LGs:

lg_collection.jpg

Being more of a "completeist collector", I'm loving this thread!

A run of Clue Comics (Hillman) 1-12. My only "complete" GA run, though I suppose you could argue that I don't have the S&K Vol2 issue:

clue_collection.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif Always loved your Clue run. Great stuff thumbsup2.gif

I got carried away this morning so I have a few more shots to show - For the completists out there -

Prize Western Comics -

1148736-PWCShot.jpg

and All-American - Needs work but at least I have a 103 on the way so that's taken care of -

1148736-AAWShot.jpg

1148736-AAWShot.jpg.39594810b09eb880e90771b3c9cd3470.jpg

Wow! Amazing stuff, Scrooge (and everyone else who posted, too many to name)! hail.gif

Great, now I'm not just jealous of everyone's collection... I'm also jealous of everyone's display shelving. 27_laughing.gif

I'm not as envious of Ian's pics because it's so unattainable. The same way I'm not envious in a museum of Van Gogh's and Picasso's. I get more excited from the pictures of 8 real nice Action's or Detectives. That's something I can do. Not to detract from Ian's collection. He doesn't need me to tell him it's an awesome feat. Just too unrealistic for me.

yeah, I was noticing that myself, I just threw mine on my kitchen table and took a picture, but now I'm thinking I need to get some kind of structured shelving units,..great stuff guys.

Wow! Amazing stuff, Scrooge (and everyone else who posted, too many to name)! hail.gif

Great, now I'm not just jealous of everyone's collection... I'm also jealous of everyone's display shelving. 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, living in NYC, the display set-ups that some posters have seem as unattainable as Ian's collection. It looks like I'd have to get an apartment twice the size of the one I live in to have anything close to Scrooge's arrangement... and I still wouldn't have any living space!

A "comic room" is a dream of mine, but without moving out of the city, it's about as likely as adding an Action 1-10 run to my collection.

I'm not as envious of Ian's pics because it's so unattainable. The same way I'm not envious in a museum of Van Gogh's and Picasso's. I get more excited from the pictures of 8 real nice Action's or Detectives. That's something I can do. Not to detract from Ian's collection. He doesn't need me to tell him it's an awesome feat. Just too unrealistic for me.

I agree 100%.

I can't be envious of Ian because it's in another league entirely. And not to diminish his accomplishment, but it's just not something I'd be interested in doing. For every great book he has, he also had to buy 500 stinkers.

I can be envious of Nearmint because those books are within the realm of possibility for me IF ONLY I'm in the right place at the right time. cool.gif

Here are some more pics of Ian's awesome DC collection...

You know I upgraded virtually every one of those keys since you took those early pics, Gary. I'd forgotten how rough some of them were, compared to the restored but pristine ones I ended up with.

For every great book he has, he also had to buy 500 stinkers.

I don't really view them as stinkers.

I so enjoy having a complete DC collection that I still get a thrill out of the complete runs.

At around the 14th or 15th of each month, the next set of forthcoming DCs get put up on the DC website (if it's the 14th March, the June releases go up today), and looking at the new covers still gives me a buzz, adding new stuff to the collection from The Spectre, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, The Atom, Aquaman, The Justice Society, etc etc.

Knowing I have them all, it's great to watch them added to and grow and blossom. Even if all the comics aren't great, the same principal super heroes are still there, adding to the collection.

For every great book he has, he also had to buy 500 stinkers.

I don't really view them as stinkers.

I so enjoy having a complete DC collection that I still get a thrill out of the complete runs.

No knock intended. flowerred.gif I thought I recalled you writing once that you hated having to buy lots of the modern stuff to keep the collection going. confused.gif

I agree 100%.

I can't be envious of Ian because it's in another league entirely. And not to diminish his accomplishment, but it's just not something I'd be interested in doing. For every great book he has, he also had to buy 500 stinkers.

Stinkers? 893whatthe.gif

You must be thinking of some other publisher. These are DCs. cloud9.gif