• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,316 posts in this topic

you wouldn't see a line up like that at a convention..

Have you ever seen metro's booth?

you wouldn't see a line up like that at a convention..

Have you ever seen metro's booth?

yes I did at WW Chicago, and at that time they didn't have an Action # 1 or Supes #1 and a few others of the books that ACME has displayed,..they did have plenty of Bats # 1's though... Metro has some great books, just not all at once, (sometimes),...

I've been interested in comics since I was 16, but got into Golden Age heavily about 3 years ago. The 'Tec 31 is a moderate 9.2 and the 35 is the Larson slight 9.2 from the Heritage auction. The rest of the grades are

Action 1 SP 6.5

Supe 1 EP 9.0

Batman 1 SP 8.5

All-Star 1 7.0 Rockford

All-Star 8 6.5 Lost Valley

Human Torch 4(#3) 8.5 Rockford

All-Flash 1 7.0 Rockford

All-Flash 1 9.0 Recil

Batman 11 9.0 Rockford

Batman 47 7.0 Rockford

Superman 10 9.4Q Larson

Detective 6 7.0 Lost Valley

7 6.5 Lost Valley

12 7.0 Lost Valley

38 5.5 Larson

40 7.0 Twilight

41 SP 8.5 Larson

50 9.0Q Nova Scotia

More Fun 14 5.5 Lost Valley

Submariner 1 9.0 Larson

Adventure 48 SP 9.2 Larson

Terrific 6 9.0 Mile High

Edited by ACME

So you were the buyer of the Detective 35 Larson copy. I think it was a great pickup with only the slight resto on it.

Looks like you really go after pedigree copies based on your list. Congrats on one of the best collections I've seen on these boards thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the compliments. I started out trying to grab up keys, but I became interested in the pedigrees the more I learned about them, and that's all I go after now. It's nice when you can grab up a pedigree key, but I'm happy whenever I can get any book, especially an early Detective. Of course, even limiting collecting to pedigrees still leaves a huge amount of material available compared to my available $$.

btw - that's the best "SUPERPAK" (ala Bonds..hehe) picture we've seen here by anyone not named Ian Levine.

I was very impressed with his pic. But pedigrees don't interest me like they do so many others. All I care about is having the comics in a condition that looks appealing to the eye, which results in my love of restored keys.

My Action 1, Detective 27, and All American 16, look so fabulous that they just made me an even bigger fan of restoration.

One day it will all change.

But I did find his pic impressive. His Detective 12 looks breathtaking.

I just wanted to thank you Alton, for starting one of the best threads in my 14 months with the boards. thumbsup2.gif I am expecting a package from CGC today. I may post a picture of my group of two. blush.gif I would also like to thank everyone for posting their great collections. Every one of them is most impressive.

Mike

I was very impressed with his pic. But pedigrees don't interest me like they do so many others. All I care about is having the comics in a condition that looks appealing to the eye, which results in my love of restored keys.

My Action 1, Detective 27, and All American 16, look so fabulous that they just made me an even bigger fan of restoration.

One day it will all change.

But I did find his pic impressive. His Detective 12 looks breathtaking.

i'm not sure if this is what you're trying to do, but i don't think u have to defend ur collecting habits to ANYONE Mr. Levine.

ur goal was to collect every DC ever produced. the fact that u actually managed to accomplish this almost-unfathomable task speaks of itself.

My Blackhawk collection.

Growing very slowly. I have 53 out of 127 now.

Made contact with a person that once worked at the printers where some of these were printed. He kept most of the printing company's file copies when they were being thrown out. I am slowly but surely purchasing them from him.

Top row: 1x3, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 18

Second row: 19x2 , 27, 29, 34, 36, 38, 39

Third row: 40, 41, 43, 44, 48, 52, 56

Front Row: 57, 58, 59, 66, 69, 72, 74

1154768-Blackhawks.JPG

1154768-Blackhawks.JPG.41e7ad2d37cfc5003f12fdff41135b46.JPG

Edited by AussieRuss