• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bolland Judge Dredd Covers

13 posts in this topic

I have a few of these. I saw there was some interest in his covers in another thread, and just wanted to share mine. I have a few more in other boxes, so I can find those and scan them if you would like to see them. I don't know if there are many of us Judge Dredd fans around, but I loved those.

headbang.gif

judgedredd16.jpg

the worst thing about "The Cursed Earth" graphic novel is that it's not all Bolland art!

i remember buying that and being all excited to read it and going frustrated.gif when i opened the durn thing.

it's still good readin', tho

I posted this in Comics General but hopefully there are some JD fans on this thread who know for sure. Any help would be appreciated:

I saw on Amazon.co.uk that there is a series of new Judge Dredd TPBs coming out at the end of this month:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN...0143896-5043911

My question is: does anybody know if these are going to reprint the same material that was in the Eagle Comics Judge Dredd series (most of which I already have) released in the U.S. starting in 1983? Or is this earlier material? I think these are reprinting the old 2000 A.D. stories in chronological order, though I'm not sure what the source material was for the Eagle series. Any help would be appreciated.

I dont know if there are many of us Judge Dredd fans around

You're not alone mate, I've been reading/collecting Judge Dredd and 2000AD since I was a 10 year old back in 1984.

Bollands covers for those Eagle comics reprints are some of his best work in my opinion, he really didn't do a hell of a lot of Judge Dredd but what he did do defined the character.

The interior art work by Carlos Ezquerra,Mike Mc Mahon and others looks best when viewed in black and white(how it was originally printed in 2000AD)and in it's original large magazine size format...the detail stands out more, it seems to loose it's impact in the smaller American coloured format.