• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just For Fun: How Did The Dealer Grade It? FF 53

14 posts in this topic

Purchased from a well-known dealer. What grade did they give it?

(Not a trick question... I agree with their grade... just wondering if others do as well. grin.gif)

[Note: No surprises on back cover... it's consistant with front. LRC is not a diagonal crease. I think it's a scanner artifact.]

FF053web.jpg

Couple of stress lines along the spine and near the staples, corner crease URC, looks a little rough on the bottom LRC edge, LLC corner looks a little worn.

I'd say 7.5....8.0 if I'm imagining that roughness on the bottom LRC

FYI, I'm somewhat new to the grading and at the moment I'm making a guess without the guide in front of me. So comments and criticisms of my assessments are welcome! wink.gif

if the book is glossy and doesn't have any NCBs, i'd conservatively give that book an 8.0

grading from a scan...yeesh

if the book is glossy and doesn't have any NCBs, i'd conservatively give that book an 8.0

thumbsup2.gif

Purchased as an 8.0 from Heritage. Nice gloss and pages. The URC looks worse in the scan than it does in hand... it'd probably be a 8.5/9.0 if not for that flaw.

BTW, I don't care because I went into the transaction with my eyes open, and I'm not complaining... but I am certain the book has been pressed. It has an unusual crispness and "snap" to it -- kinda like a brand new $20 bill. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW, I don't care because I went into the transaction with my eyes open, and I'm not complaining... but I am certain the book has been pressed. It has an unusual crispness and "snap" to it -- kinda like a brand new $20 bill.

893censored-thumb.gif

What ya pay for it?

Not that I'm being pushy, I'm just wondering what they charged you for the pressing service. poke2.gif

BTW - VF sounds just right.

BTW, I don't care because I went into the transaction with my eyes open, and I'm not complaining... but I am certain the book has been pressed. It has an unusual crispness and "snap" to it -- kinda like a brand new $20 bill.

893censored-thumb.gif

What ya pay for it?

Not that I'm being pushy, I'm just wondering what they charged you for the pressing service. poke2.gif

I won it on a lowball bid. I think I paid $45 with shipping.

As I said earlier, when I [infrequently] buy from Heritage, I presume there is a good chance the book has been pressed and I factor that into the buying decision.

In most cases it makes no sense to pay to have a book like this pressed. However, if you have an in-house restorer...

893censored-thumb.gif

What ya pay for it?

I won it on a lowball bid. I think I paid $45 with shipping.

As I said earlier, when I [infrequently] buy from Heritage, I presume there is a good chance the book has been pressed and I factor that into the buying decision.

In most cases it makes no sense to pay to have a book like this pressed. However, if you have an in-house restorer...

Sounds about right.

If you wanted a nice unpressed FVF you could of got one from me for $35+ shipping.

flowerred.gif