• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Tec 405

30 posts in this topic

Why? The only flaws are maybe three or four 1/16 spine tics and the slightly rough top edge. What are you seeing?

Bindery tear LLC?

Yep, very small.

Is that a couple of dints in the bottom edge towards the centre of the back cover?

And what is the black 'line' near the LRC egde on the back cover?

Why? The only flaws are maybe three or four 1/16 spine tics and the slightly rough top edge. What are you seeing?

Bindery tear LLC?

Yep, very small.

Is that a couple of dints in the bottom edge towards the centre of the back cover?

And what is the black 'line' near the LRC egde on the back cover?

Scanner trick.

Not sure what you are looking at. Do you meant the nutsack crease on the back lower left?

There is what looks like a crease below and to the left of the car headlight. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, like I said, nutsack crease. thumbsup2.gif

In that case I will go 8.5 also. tongue.gif

Production creases don't affect the grade. gossip.gif Newb!

Grading is subjective. Super Newb! makepoint.gif

There is what looks like a crease below and to the left of the car headlight. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, like I said, nutsack crease. thumbsup2.gif

In that case I will go 8.5 also. tongue.gif

Production creases don't affect the grade. gossip.gif Newb!

Grading is subjective. Super Newb! makepoint.gif

A production defect is a production defect. If they take off for that they should take off for miswraps, miscuts, staple misalignment, ect, ect, ect. I don't make the rules, I just follow em. confused-smiley-013.gif

A production defect is a production defect. If they take off for that they should take off for miswraps, miscuts, staple misalignment, ect, ect, ect. I don't make the rules, I just follow em. confused-smiley-013.gif

'They' being CGC?

In my opinion this book would get a CGC grade of 8.5 given the defects it displays.

You are correct though that the production crease and bindery tear probably wouldn't affect the grade at this level. Of course, they are defects nevertheless and will affect the grade that some would personally asign to the book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

'They' being CGC?

In my opinion this book would get a CGC grade of 8.5 given the defects it displays.

You are correct though that the production crease and bindery tear probably wouldn't affect the grade at this level. Of course, they are defects nevertheless and will affect the grade that some would personally asign to the book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, personally I take wrap and production defects into account when assigning value to a book, but the current standards (OSGG and CGC) say that they should not be figured into technical grade. You and I might not pay as much for a book with a fugly miswrap (and we both agree it SHOULD factor into the overall grade) but the current standards just don't agree with us. If the book is a 9.0 without the prod. crease, it should be a 9.0 with it. Doesn't mean both books have the same value. confused-smiley-013.gif

Both the top edge and bottom edge are a little rough . . . 8.5 sumo.gif

Nothing wrong with the bottom edge. Bottom left front is part of the art and the back is just fine. No idea why it looks that way in the scan. confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow, my books really got off easy this week! yay.gifgrin.gif

IMO production crease has absolutely no effect on grade...& I've seen plenty of CGC 9.2 ASM #64s (to pick a random example) that have them on the FRONT cover. Even with the light wear back cover edges & bottom corner ding, the Tec looks like a solid 9.0 to me. confused-smiley-013.gif