• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: TOS #38,39

16 posts in this topic

39 display's really well too bad about the spine damage. - 5.0

38 is a gorgeous book - 9.0

Ditto hail.gif

double Ditto

*** Thanks for posting the 38. First time ever seeing that issue.

5.0, great book!

Way too much damege for a 9.0 in my opinion. There are several spine creases, corner crease on bottom right, larger creases on lower left, small tear on the top edge plus very minor overhang and a scratch on the right edge. Still a nice book. 8.0.

5.0, great book!

Way too much damege for a 9.0 in my opinion. There are several spine creases, corner crease on bottom right, larger creases on lower left, small tear on the top edge plus very minor overhang and a scratch on the right edge. Still a nice book. 8.0.

I spent a long time looking at this book. Found the spine creases acceptable for the grade. Minor overhang is a printing defect and wouldn't affect the grade. Can't see it being an 8.0. Lowest I would give it was a 8.5 but due to rarity and age of the book, I gave it a 9.0

Rarity? That shouldn't influence the grade of a book. The wear and damage of a book determines the grade. That should influence only the price of the book.

And besides...I don't think its rare is it? Its just another SA Marvel. They don't become hard to find until you hit the early Atlas era.

Rarity? That shouldn't influence the grade of a book. The wear and damage of a book determines the grade. That should influence only the price of the book.

And besides...I don't think its rare is it? Its just another SA Marvel. They don't become hard to find until you hit the early Atlas era.

Should have written rare...in that condition. I would compare it to the Amazing Adult Fantasy books. Just not a lot around in high grade.

Should have written rare...in that condition. I would compare it to the Amazing Adult Fantasy books. Just not a lot around in high grade.

But should that influence one's grade? Should the grade be purposely skewed simply because it is a rare or common book??? popcorn.gif

But should that influence one's grade? Should the grade be purposely skewed simply because it is a rare or common book??? popcorn.gif

Do I agree with it? No. But I see it all the time with books sent in. They're notoriously easier on these types of books. That being said, I still don't see it being an 8.0. Oh and by the way.... takeit.gif