• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you see MH2 books, post a link or the grade in here

69 posts in this topic

Trying to get a grip on how many MH2's there are out there. If you come across one, toss it in here or tell us about it.

I'm still not sold on how many are actually NM.

Amazing Spider-man 45 CGC 9.4

Amazing Spider-man 64 Grade TBA

Amazing Spider-man 129 "NM+"

Amazing Spider-man 146 "VF/NM"

Amazing Spider-man 147 "VF/NM"

Captain America 121 Advertised as "VF/VF+"

Captain Marvel 6 CGC 9.0

Captain Marvel 20 CGC 7.0

Fantastic Four 140 "NM"

Fantastic Four Annual 8 Advertised as VF-

Marvel Team-Up 15 CGC 9.4

Marvel Team-Up 53 CGC 9.6

Marvel Two-in-One 15 Advertised as "NM+"

Marvel Two-in-One 19 Advertised as "NM+"

Sgt Fury 29 CGC 9.0

Sgt Fury 30 CGC 8.0

Sgt Fury 40 CGC 9.4

Spectacular Spider-man 11 Advertised as "VF/NM"

Strange Tales 149 Advertised as "VF/NM"

Tales To Astonish 79 CGC 8.5

Tales to Astonish 83 CGC 7.5

Thor 171 CGC 9.8

Uncanny X-men 94 CGC 9.2

Uncanny X-men 87 Advertised as "NM"

Uncanny X-men 89 Advertised as "NM"

Uncanny X-men 121 "NM"

I bought an X-Men 121 out of the original ads placed in Marvel comics back in 1984-1985 (or somewhere back in the decade of glam-rock). It was advertised as a "Mint", and it was pretty sweet (still one of my favorite covers). Subsequently, I've seen a good two dozen # 121s with the MH2 certificate at shows and on ebay, and I'm sure the MH2 collection is one of the reasons there are so many on the census (44 9.6s, 75 9.4s) .

grin.gif

Did Rozanski ever advertise in the comics or other periodicals a "for sale" list of the MH2s shortly after acquiring them? I seem to remember that he did. If so, that would give a good indication of what was in the collection.

Jim

Did Rozanski ever advertise in the comics or other periodicals a "for sale" list of the MH2s shortly after acquiring them? I seem to remember that he did. If so, that would give a good indication of what was in the collection.

Jim

Yeah he did, but it was in general terms, using the number of comics purchased (largest EVER) and that he was taking want lists. Chuck is too cagy to start promoting that he's got a case of Giant-Size X-Men #1.

Trying to get a grip on how many MH2's there are out there. If you come across one, toss it in here or tell us about it.

I'm still not sold on how many are actually NM.

I'm sure most weren't, but it's a lot more likely there'd be a bunch in the middle of some of the stacks if they were 100 to 1000 deep when compared to the ones that went through the convenience store wireframe racks. Those things were guaranteed to turn any comic into a Fine or Very Fine as soon as the first kid came in for a browse!

The only book I have with a MH2 certificate is Fantastic Four #140.

I had an opportunity to purchase MH2 copies of Incredible Hulk #4 and #5 about three years ago as part of a large collection I was looking at. Both books had the MH2 certificates. The #4 was probably a 9.0, the #5 was on the cusp between 9.0 and 9.2.

The guy wound up selling his whole collection to Bedrock City. He had a lot of nice stuff, but it wasn't sorted at all. His Hulk 4 was in the middle of a box of Alpha Flights and the 5 was in a box of West Coast Avengers. He had his inventory in ComicBase (which is usually a dead giveaway that the seller has no concept of a realistic sales price), but I declined picking up the collection because it was too difficult to even figure out which books he had. The whole lot of it (roughly 150 long boxes) was all unsorted, with $1000 books mixed in with 25c [!@#%^&^]...

I have no idea what Richard did with the Hulks... but I can confirm they were there...

I had an opportunity to purchase MH2 copies of Incredible Hulk #4 and #5 about three years ago as part of a large collection I was looking at. Both books had the MH2 certificates. The #4 was probably a 9.0, the #5 was on the cusp between 9.0 and 9.2.

Oh lord...that sounds like Chuck slipped other stuff into the "Mile High 2" collection. I didn't think there were any books that old in that lot.

Update main list.

What grade would you call the FF 140, FF? Any other people with MH2 books or seen any?

Brian

It's a 9.4/9.6 with white pages. I see a lot more NM or better copies of FF 140 than most other Bronze FF issues from that time period...I've seen two 9.8s of that one in recent months alone. I own 3 copies, with the other two being 9.2 and 9.6/9.8. Seems to be a plentifully available issue, which fits in with the pattern most MH2 issues show.

I admit.... that was my reaction the first time I saw them as well... and it may be the case...

The guy who had them was buying a ton of stuff from Chuck around the time the MH2 deal was done, and said that Chuck contacted him about certain books to see if he was interested. I have no way of verifying that, of course, but I know I have done the same with every large collection I have purchased. There are always a handful of customers who get first crack...

I don't recall the exact text, because I don't currently own any MH2s... but isn't the certificate pretty vague? Says something like "this is one of the finest copies of this issue we have come across" rather than saying "purchased from warehouse stock on such-and-such date"? I seem to recall the certificate was worded in such a way Chuck could use it on most any book...

Ah... you can see I never read the back of a certificate... though I remembered the front pretty well...

I've only owned 1 MH2 before, and that was for about a week. Some random issue of Amazing...

Be interesting to see if Richard Evans remembers the MH2 Hulks from that guy... because they clearly pre-date the "1965" listed on the certificate...

I think ASM 146 and 147 that I had were MH2 copies. I think it was that pair. I threw away the certificate because it's a crock of [!@#%^&^] as a "pedigree." No better than VF/NM on both of them.

I threw away the certificate because it's a crock of [!@#%^&^] as a "pedigree."

No doubt...the only reason I'm interested in them is because certain Silver and Bronze Marvel issues are plentifully available in 9.0 or better while others aren't...so far I've noticed that the ones with higher supply were a part of that MH2 collection. So knowing which issues were and weren't in it can help in determining how much to pay for a particular issue and whether you're likely to find it again in the higher grades.

Added the Capt and the two ASMs. No offense Lighthouse, I believe your story and everything it's just that there's no way those are actually MH2's due to the designation on his website and the certificate. smile.gif

Brian