• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you see MH2 books, post a link or the grade in here

69 posts in this topic

New list again, I added my Cap's (looks like Tomega and myself have a Cap 121, 122, 123 his are higher grade though frown.gif)

Superboy 203 CGC 9.4

Still the only DC! Wow! Has no one else gotten a MH2 DC?

New list again, I added my Cap's (looks like Tomega and myself have a Cap 121, 122, 123 his are higher grade though frown.gif)

Superboy 203 CGC 9.4

Still the only DC! Wow! Has no one else gotten a MH2 DC?

Superboy 206 9.8

Strange Tales 145 8.5 (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

I saw an ASM 129 posted as 'NM+'. I actually had a MH2 copy of ASM 129 that I sent in for grading -- a white paged 9.6. Sold it last year on comiclink.

Hmm..another one? Did you buy it from someone other than Chuck?

Brian

Here's 11 more to add to your list:

Batman Family # 1 (CGC NM 9.4, ow)

Captain America # 130 (CGC NM 9.4, ow/w)

Captain America # 132 (CGC NM 9.4, ow/w)

Captain Marvel # 29 (CGC NM 9.4, ow)

Challengers of the Unknown # 82 (CGC NM+ 9.6, ow/w)

DC Special # 16 (CGC NM+ 9.6, ow/w)

DC Special # 29 (CGC NM+ 9.6, ow/w)

Defenders # 12 (CGC NM 9.4, wp)

Supergirl (1972) # 10 (CGC NM/MT 9.8, wp)

Superman # 300 (CGC NM+ 9.6, wp)

Wonder Woman # 211 (CGC NM 9.4, wp)

Here's the list once again with the updates

Amazing Spider-man 42 CGC 9.6

Amazing Spider-man 45 CGC 9.4

Amazing Spider-man 64 Grade TBA

Amazing Spider-man 129 "NM+"

Amazing Spider-man 129 CGC 9.6

Amazing Spider-man 136 CGC 9.4

Amazing Spider-man 146 "VF/NM"

Amazing Spider-man 147 "VF/NM"

Amazing Spider-man 200 CGC 9.4

Amazing Spider-man 203 "F+"

Bat-man Family 1 CGC 9.4

Captain America 121 Advertised as "VF/VF+" (2) "VF/NM"

Captain America 122 "VF+" (2) "VF/NM"

Captain America 123 "VF+" (2) "VF/NM"

Captain America 130 CGC 9.4

Captain America 132 CGC 9.4

Captain America 132 "VF/NM"

Captain America 135 "VF+"

Captain Marvel 6 CGC 9.0

Captain Marvel 20 CGC 7.0

Captain Marvel 29 CGC 9.4

Challengers of the Unknown 82 CGC 9.6

DC Special 16 CGC 9.6

DC Special 29 CGC 9.6

Defenders 12 CGC 9.4

Fantastic Four 140 "NM"

Fantastic Four Annual 8 Advertised as VF-

Incredible Hulk 180 CGC 9.6

Marvel Team-Up 15 CGC 9.4

Marvel Team-Up 53 CGC 9.6

Marvel Two-in-One 15 Advertised as "NM+"

Marvel Two-in-One 19 Advertised as "NM+"

Sgt Fury 29 CGC 9.0

Sgt Fury 30 CGC 8.0

Sgt Fury 40 CGC 9.4

Spectacular Spider-man 11 Advertised as "VF/NM"

Spectacular Spider-man 27 CGC 9.6

Strange Tales 145 CGC 8.5

Strange Tales 149 Advertised as "VF/NM"

Superboy 203 CGC 9.4

Superboy 206 CGC 9.8

Supergirl (1972) 10 CGC 9.8

Superman 300 CGC 9.6

Tales To Astonish 79 CGC 8.5

Tales to Astonish 83 CGC 7.5

Thor 171 CGC 9.8

Uncanny X-men 45 CGC 9.4

Uncanny X-men 69 "NM"

Uncanny X-men 74 "NM"

Uncanny X-men 75 "NM"

Uncanny X-men 85 "NM"

Uncanny X-men 86 "NM"

Uncanny X-men 87 Advertised as "NM" (2) "NM"

Uncanny X-men 89 Advertised as "NM" (2) "NM"

Uncanny X-men 91 "NM"

Uncanny X-men 94 CGC 9.2

Uncanny X-men 113 "NM"

Uncanny X-men 121 "NM"

Wonder Woman 211 CGC 9.4

Finally have some more DCs on there now.

Brian

What total BS the Mile High "2" books are. You can issue certificates until you're blue in the face. All it was is an effort to capitalize on the name and reputation of the Mile High GOLDEN age find. And if 5 years ago, there was any idea that CGC woud come along and turn MODERN books that have NO VALUE WHATSOEVER without being slabbed, to have an artificial value assigned that would have been ZERO if not for being jacketed by CGC (such incredibly "rare" books as Dark Knights, Batman 608s, X-Men in the 200s and 300s, A-teams, Gi Joes, etc.....in essence GARBAGE, even though most collectors on this Forum want to believe that their GiJoe 1 in CGC 9.4 is worth more than a Spiderman 1 in VF), I'm sure that there would have been a Mile High "3" find of 3.7 million books including such scarcities as New Universe Issues, Beavis and Buttheads, etc. (MORE garbage that collectors would die for as long as it was graded 9.6 or better by CGC).

This slabbed Modern market reminds me of the Rookie card history of PSA graded cards. At one time Mattingly Donruss rookie cards were selling for $5000 in PSA 10, about 3 years after they were issued. For a card that could still be bought from unopened packs in GEM MINT for $40.00!!!! Of course, PSA would get maybe 1000 Mattinglys a month that were indistinguishably GEM MINT as submissions, but would have to assign only 1 or 2 a '10' to keep the numbers on the MINTS down, even though MOST were right from packs! Grading services CREATE a very limited amount of "PERFECT" specimens by selecting key individuals to bestow that boon upon. NOW, you couldn't get back a TENTH of your money, 15 years later on ANY of those PSA 10 Mattinglys and that's STILL 5000 times what they're worth at this point. GARBAGE. Artificially, grading company induced collectibles. Same thing now. People pay $1000 and up for a 9.8 and 9.9 of a book that isn't even 10 years old and is common as the housefly, yet, that $1000 could be spent on an UNGRADED high grade GOLDEN AGE BOOK from a key run of DC or Timely. What a bunch of bologna grading companies imposed on hobbies. What a disservice. No one has any concept whatsoever anymore of what books are truly worth without the artificial imposition of value on "created" rarities.

I don't think anyone actually considers these a pedigree. It's more of an interest in seeing how many copies of MH2's are out there, how much of certain back issues MH2 books take up, and what grade the avg book is.

Brian

Not so much the Pedigree "thing" as the mindset of most collectors. I'm constantly aghast at the mentality that would enable someone to collect Spiderman 1-100, or More Funs, for example, and then in the same collection, put a Kickers 1 in CGC 9.9 into the mix and actually look at it with PRIDE. "WOW, look at my Kickers 1 in 9.9...the TOP grade!!!!!!...aren't I to be commended!!" That's like going to Gossman's, ordering twin Lobster tails with Filet Mignon and asking for a side order of mouse turds... "WOW...look at those turds. They serve the finest mouse turds in the world here! TOP Graded!!!" Folks that get so excited about their 3 month old issues in CGC 9.9, that they paid $200 for instead of $2.95 off the rack, or books in general that have NO EARTHLY VALUE unless of course it's value is artificially created by slabbing, never cease to amaze me.

I don't buy from Mile High anymore, I spent too much money on return postage.

I did find out that they still have a ton of MH2 books. They no longer advertise them as such. It was too difficult to keep track of them. They are buying tons of comics and collections. Over they years it was getting hard to seperate that many books from regular stock. As a result they mixed them in with everything else.

They guy on the phone told me if I am buying a book from the MH2 timeframe it's likley from the collection.

I have a few X Men in the 80s, reprint issues from that collection, they are Vf/nm or NM 9.0. Nothing 9.4.

...they still have plenty of books from the warehouse...but only a few of each issue were (as they tell it) bagged with certificates. They may have created additiona certificates, but even as a harsh critic of MHComics, I find that hard to believe...

I don tbuy from them either because of their grading which forced too many returns and a snotty attitude from them about it.

I used to own the MHII copies of ASM 124 and 125. I sold them both to BlazingBob and he graded them both 9.4 and sold them. Not sure if they were ever graded by CGC but Bob is one of the best graders out there so I'd say they were NM's

Ericc123