• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The chef must have a lot of "HERB"

15 posts in this topic

Folks this is DOWN from his reserve of $2000 from the first time he ran this auction (I asked). He justifies it by pointing out it's the second-highest CGC of this book.

But the highest CGC went for less than $600.

This book has gone from an average of $385-435 a month ago to $500+ today.

way way way way way way more than it will ever be worth again.

If you have one, cash out!

Every single time one of these books comes on line, the haters come out of the woodwork. Like I said, I've sold three:

February $500

February $490

April $650

all unslabbed. I'd LOVE TO HAVE MORE. This book is going to have legs.

Hey Donut---Im already on record here as agreeing that IF the print run is actually only 200, thi sbook has potential....and didnt one on ebay reach $800 ?

but I was referring to specifically a 9.8.

That would bring the most RIGHT NOW....but the rest of them will keep a good value compared to these kinds of variants.

You make no sense. I would also like to have some to sell to the lame-brain speculators, but if it's "gonna have legs" why in the world are you selling and not holding?

You make no sense. I would also like to have some to sell to the lame-brain speculators, but if it's "gonna have legs" why in the world are you selling and not holding?

JoeCollector - Why must you start the "lame-brain" speculator comment?

Unless you only buy comics to read - and for no other reason - then throw them out - you are a speculator to some extent. If you saw this book at a garage sale - you wouldn't buy it in hopes of selling it on ebay for likely 500 times what you would be buying it for?

It is what the market will bear and evidently Donut was happy with the profit margin he made on those books and chose to sell them.

Must you be so morose and negative about anything? Do you like puppies? How about chocolate? Diet Pepsi? Beer? You MUST like something.

I think you should start a string about something - but you can only be positive about it. It someone disagrees with you - you should say something like "I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree with you"

makepoint.gif

Because I'm damn happy to make $1000 on my investment in three months. I'd love to have another one to make more than that. I don't hold ANYTHING if I can make that kind of profit on them. I wish I had held on to my Star Wars 1 35 cent 9.2 copy, but I was happy with that profit as well. First rule of MBA school - positive ca$h flow is a good thing. Second rule of MBA school - take the money NOW.

Every single time one of these books comes on line, the haters come out of the woodwork. Like I said, I've sold three:

February $500

February $490

April $650

Donut....what would you hav graded your three copies as.

I think 1200 for a 9.2 seems way steep but then I have no idea as to how the grading curve of the 200 would be.

February $500

February $490

April $650

Donut....what would you hav graded your three copies as.

I think 1200 for a 9.2 seems way steep but then I have no idea as to how the grading curve of the 200 would be.

Two of them were gorgeous. Definitely 9.6s, maybe 9.8s. I got them from my home dealer who went to the event and bagged and boarded them right then and there. The third one would probably have been a 9.4 - had a couple of tiny stress lines on the cover.