• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Opinions on this Marvel Spotlights #5

26 posts in this topic

If someone clicks the link, you'll get this message

"Sorry, but non-html files may only be downloaded if linked to directly from the site hosting them. Please scroll all the way to the bottom of this page where you will find a link to the file you are looking for"

At the bottom there's two links. Click the bottom one of the two.

I think you've got a F- (to possibly F) book there. Unfortunate as the rest of the book looks very nice.

Brian

This is a "Fine" with a significant defect :

Upper left corner.

So, I'll go in at F- as overstreet describes it as a Fine that has a defect which detracts from the book's appearance by a perceptipal amount.

Real nice book when you cover up that corner. Would probably grade a solid VF- if that wear wasn't there.

Actually, I think that the book looks FAR better in this scan than it did on Ebay pic by seller when it sold. it never ceases to amaze me that folks put up not too complementary scans on books that would sell far easier and maybe for a bit more with a nice scan such as this. 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

Shame about the ULC but it looks better here than it did in the "bagged" ebay pic. also the bottom on the ebay pic shows some "spooge" on the bag which is not on the book but in ebay pic there is no way to tell.

It really is a good looking book. the F grades sound about right cause of the corner though.

I love that cover.

Was this really necessary?? You don't need to rub it in. frown.gif

Hey, read my signature line and don't worry about it. It's really only a problem if you haven't learned anything from it. Don't think there's anyone here who has not at one time made a bad deal, maybe even involving thousands.

Anyone care to share?

Yeah, here's one.

When I first started collecting in the late 70's, I couldn't care less on condition. If it was at least a VG, I bought it. And the seller was generous. Because I was buying just about every Silver and Bronze Age comic in sight, he gave me a whopping 30% discount. Problem was, though, that he had everything priced at about 25% over NM guide in his store. Never thought at the time condition mattered a whole lot. Still have many of those comics.

But hey, I got smarter. grin.gif

So........Fell any better?

I'd call it a VG at best. That corner is really ugly & a Fine book should present itself as a nice looking book . Hang on to it for about 10-15 years, when it guides at about $2000 that will be a prime candidate for restoration!

In regards to the scan used on ebay, I think it was to hide the flaw. If your not looking to closely, and don't supersize the picture, the corner looks like it is a reflection off the bag & you don't see the flaw near as clearly. I'd ask for a refund...or neg the guy at least.

Don't think there's anyone here who has not at one time made a bad deal, maybe even involving thousands.

Anyone care to share?

I paid 850 dollars for my first Marvel Spotlight 5 CGC 9.4 mad.gif

Brian

Was this really necessary?? You don't need to rub it in. frown.gif

Hey, read my signature line and don't worry about it. It's really only a problem if you haven't learned anything from it. Don't think there's anyone here who has not at one time made a bad deal, maybe even involving thousands.

Anyone care to share?

If your buying raw your rolling the dice for more often a bad book and when Your buying slabbed your at least getting what you paid for.Im not saying there arent good graders out there but get to know who they are first.at least with CGC it is a known quanity.Ive made plenty of bad deals but with the risk there has been some great rewards and the rewards have been astounding for me!!

Davidking623