• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Opinions on this Marvel Spotlights #5

26 posts in this topic

Really i didnt think this book was THAT bad of a buy. i dont mean price wise, but i didnt really read the listing when i saw this auction originally. i just supersized the pic and saw the corner and knew it wasnt for me. only now did i see the whole "check out the high grade of this book and get it CGC'd" line. i would be bangin this cat up for some cash back. most times i actually try to steer clear of auctions with no real grade listed as the seller either

1)truly does not know how to grade

or

2)does not want to pin themselves down with a grade possibly hurting the price or giving the buyer an "out" to complain about if they are not happy.

Oddly enough...

My recent auction win on a Marvel Spotlight #5

Notice the lack of a real grade here as well. I asked buyer to elaborate on some key points as a larger scan was not available. corners are supposed to be sharp and there is little or no spine stress or staining. We will see tomorrow as it should be here then.

Did you email the seller and ask for either a partial refund or a return as the cover damage was not clearly listed?

My recent auction win on a Marvel Spotlight #5 Did you email the seller and ask for either a partial refund or a return as the cover damage was not clearly listed?

The scan for your win though small looks dynamite. Even a small stress crack should stand out against that black cover, but like you said..we'll see.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I hope it stays dynamite. the biggest worry i have is the upper left corner. upon ultra magnification (and i do mean ULTRA) the corner appears to shows some white like a blunting or a chip. (please NONONO......)

well lets just keep hoping. I will post a scan tomorow or tuesday for all to grade (or rip on, depending)

Well, a little info and an update...

You all pretty much hit the nail on the head, entirelly my fault for not taking a better look or asking for some info. My problem was/is a have a real hard on for Ghost Rider, was the first comic i picked up when i was a kid.

Yes i did think it was a reflection, especially with the "High Grade" comment on the discription. I have sent an email with my concern, we'll see what becomes of it.

All in all, live and learn, but in thinking about it since i got the book i did feel a little miss-led.

Anyway, the post was more of a info getting attempt to see how drastic certain defects effect grading, because outside of the corner the book, in my opinion, is pretty sharp.

Thanks for the comments and counceling wink.gif

Hey, read my signature line and don't worry about it. It's really only a problem if you haven't learned anything from it. Don't think there's anyone here who has not at one time made a bad deal, maybe even involving thousands.

Anyone care to share?

Bought a Batman #23 after I was offered it offline when the top bidder (supposedly) defaulted on payment. Paid $255 for a vg+. Checked the scan before agreeing and it seemed to have great eye appeal.

When I got it though it looked like the joker's face had been gnawed by a rat. At the very best the book was a good -. Obviously tried to but couldn't return it. Man was I burned.

I keep the book close to hand as a reminder of my own stupidity. makepoint.gif