Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Three to grade: A Marvel, A DC, and a double-cover EC...

13 posts in this topic

Haven't posted a grading thread in a while, and I just finished scanning some books I just picked up. One is kinda nice, one is pretty nice, and the other is a double-cover EC...

First up is a Tales of Suspense 49 I picked up yesterday. I don't know why but I just can't stop buying this book. This copy makes around 16 so far, and while it's not the best of the bunch, it's certainly worth the $50 I paid...

Second is a Green Lantern 82. Easily the prettiest book of the three, it's probably headed to Sarasota, but I have a few other books in line ahead of it.

Third is a double-cover Tales from the Crypt 37. Interior cover is substantially better, but unfortunately has the same 1.25" tear through the "T" that the outer cover has...

And no... I didn't steal these scans from comic-keys... tongue.gif

tos49j.jpg

gl82.jpg

tfc37dc.jpg

TOS - Fine-

Green Lantern - VF+ or VF/NM - that crease thingy in the "are coming" will knock it down some as will the off center cover.

Tales from the Crypt - I'm not so good at grading low grade stuff - but I would call that G/VG to VG-

Green Lantern - VF+ or VF/NM - that crease thingy in the "are coming" will knock it down some as will the off center cover.

I have received multiple 9.6's with similar printing ripples, and one 9.8... but it really depends on the graders moods that day... Not suggesting THIS book is a 9.8, but CGC is much more lenient on 'production' flaws than 'handling' flaws...

Thanks for the reply though! Interesting to see where people stand...

ToS - Solid Fine, would've said F/VF but that impact crease in the middle on the left side and the lower right corner crease knocks it out of there.

Green Lantern - VF+, without the printer's wrinkles it'd be a VF/NM..if the book was solid elsewhere I think it would've jumped right over VF/NM and just gone at a NM-. CGC seems to ignore the printer wrinkles if the book is otherwise pretty.

Brian

I have received multiple 9.6's with similar printing ripples, and one 9.8... but it really depends on the graders moods that day... Not suggesting THIS book is a 9.8, but CGC is much more lenient on 'production' flaws than 'handling' flaws...

Thanks for the reply though! Interesting to see where people stand...

My Shanna #1 CGC 9.8 had 3 production creases. I've seen scans of the other 2 9.8s and they both have multiple production creases.

BTW....is this a psychological test to see what grades the haters will give your books?

You know how to grade...don't you? insane.gif

You know how to grade...don't you?

Never heard of continuing education? tongue.gif

So you got grades for me? Or just here to trash my thread? mad.gif

You know how to grade...don't you?

Never heard of continuing education? tongue.gif

So you got grades for me? Or just here to trash my thread? mad.gif

Sorry...but I don't grade my own books! Just predict what the all knowing Gods at CGC will give it. Also, I can't grade anything less than a VF due to low exposure so sorry...sucka! tongue.gifinsane.gif

Wow...I always thought - especially with Bronze age stuff - that they would crush you with those production creases. Now that I know that - I'm sending in 5 more books!!!

Here's mine:

Tales of Suspence: F+ ( I don't think those stress cracks along the spine are as bad as they look on the scan)

Green Lantern: 8.5 - 9.0, as long as that's not a tear 5/8 th down the right side.

Crypt: a "generous" Good.