• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 5

28 posts in this topic

3.5 max sumo.gif Perhaps lower in hand . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Agreed.

I have a FF 5 CGC 4.5 and it appears to be in MUCH better shape than this book. Sorry, my scanner doesn't do slabs otherwise I'd share it for comparison sake.

What about the 4.0 slab I linked to with the big fat coffee stains on the cover? If you have an old slab they might have been harsher than nowadays.

Anyway, I think I might send this one in. Having the CGC seal of approval seems to boost this particular book. Also, with the mis-cut some jokers out there (no offense to the jokers here smile.gif) might think it's trimmed when it is just the opposite of trimmed!

Just shooting for a 4.0. The initial VG+ was probably more due to fondness of the character and issue than actual condition. Were this FF 60 I wouldn't be grading it that way. OTOH, CGC is sometimes a bit more lenient with the early Marvels than later SA books.

Just for comparison's sake, here is my FF 5, CGC 4.5.

Spine stresses and slight spine wear. Light corner crease (LLC). Small color transfer. Back cover is clean. You know, looking at this, I'm betting a 5.0 is not out of the question. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FF5.jpg