• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

V FOR VENDETTA page for trade

22 posts in this topic

Loved the movie and jonesing for a piece of OA? Well, I’ve got a nice, key page from V FOR VENDETTA available for trade:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

I’m looking for a WATCHMEN page especially. If there is any interest, please write me directly. Thanks!!

Felix

P.S. Check out my trade gallery for more pieces...

YOU LINKED TO MY ARTICLE! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Dave,

Not sure you ever told me about that article? Very nice! One mistake, though. Watchmen is not the most expensive original art from Moore's works. Not by a long shot. Guess what is?

YOU LINKED TO MY ARTICLE! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Dave,

Not sure you ever told me about that article? Very nice! One mistake, though. Watchmen is not the most expensive original art from Moore's works. Not by a long shot. Guess what is?

I'll take a guess...KILLING JOKE? If there's any other Moore work out there more expensive than KJ, I don't want to know what it is.

btw...www.bookshelfcomics.com was a great site - I wrote a number of articles - including the 'V' article and one on 'DKR' - just go to the site and you can search articles from the link and they are listed by title and author. It was a fantastic site to write for -- if anyone knows anywhere else that I could write reviews or whatever for -- PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Thanks,

--David E. Miller

uh...Watchman?

Watchmen is the better story, I agree, and will gain/sustain popularity to a larger extent than KJ over time. So, the future is bright in terms of the OA's value for both stories. However, KJ had 46 pages to Watchmen's approximately 350. And, most agree that Bolland peaked during that one issue. He also stopped drawing pen/ink, and stopped doing interior work shortly thereafter. So, these things make KJ pages quite a commodity.

btw...www.bookshelfcomics.com was a great site - I wrote a number of articles - including the 'V' article and one on 'DKR' - just go to the site and you can search articles from the link and they are listed by title and author. It was a fantastic site to write for -- if anyone knows anywhere else that I could write reviews or whatever for -- PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Thanks,

--David E. Miller

Hi David,

I enjoyed the articles you have written. Hopefully you'll find another venue to post on!

uh...Watchman?

Watchmen is the better story, I agree, and will gain/sustain popularity to a larger extent than KJ over time. So, the future is bright in terms of the OA's value for both stories. However, KJ had 46 pages to Watchmen's approximately 350. And, most agree that Bolland peaked during that one issue. He also stopped drawing pen/ink, and stopped doing interior work shortly thereafter. So, these things make KJ pages quite a commodity.

I wouldn't say Bolland "peaked" during KJ,Artists aren't baseball players,they don't go "oh you should have seen me in my prime" Artists are like fine wine,they get better with age.They do get rusty after long layoffs but it comes back.Back to bolland, KJ came out in 1988.He did some Batman and Green Lantern covers and that's all I can remember that I think was his last pen/ink stuff,I think he did the wonder woman cover run before those batman/green lantern covers though,the went and inked his stuff digitally.I read KJ the other day actually,he really does draw the best joker I've ever seen.

uh...Watchman?

I wouldn't say Bolland "peaked" during KJ,Artists aren't baseball players,they don't go "oh you should have seen me in my prime" Artists are like fine wine,they get better with age.They do get rusty after long layoffs but it comes back.Back to bolland, KJ came out in 1988.He did some Batman and Green Lantern covers and that's all I can remember that I think was his last pen/ink stuff,I think he did the wonder woman cover run before those batman/green lantern covers though,the went and inked his stuff digitally.I read KJ the other day actually,he really does draw the best joker I've ever seen.

I think artists can and do peak. In every career, there may be a period where someone peaks, either through skill or thought, manual dexterity, or sheer motivation. In the case of artists, the peak may also have to do with an ideal pairing (such as Byrne/Austen, or Kirby/Sinnott). To say that artists simply get better with age is idealistic, and kind, but far from the truth in my opinion.

Best,

I think Miller peaked during DKR...others may disagree and feel that his Sin City stuff was his peak, but I think his job on DKR2 was indicative of his drawing curve being on the sloping down end of the bell curve...

I think Miller peaked during DKR...others may disagree and feel that his Sin City stuff was his peak, but I think his job on DKR2 was indicative of his drawing curve being on the sloping down end of the bell curve...

I think miller can still draw. It's just a question of whether or not he wants to. His boredom is almost palpable in DK2. Miller's done his thing in comics and needs to move on. I do agree that DKR was his peak.

I think artists can and do peak. In every career, there may be a period where someone peaks, either through skill or thought, manual dexterity, or sheer motivation. In the case of artists, the peak may also have to do with an ideal pairing (such as Byrne/Austen, or Kirby/Sinnott). To say that artists simply get better with age is idealistic, and kind, but far from the truth in my opinion.

I agree. Most artistic types do not sustain their creative peaks throughout their entire careers. This holds true for artists, writers, filmmakers, musicians, etc.. After a while, everyone runs out of things to say/draw, and end up repeating themselves. At some point, either through boredom, lack of inspiration, or the like, the well runs dry.

I'm sure everyone has an example in their heads. Besides Miller (whom I'm not ready to write off just yet), I would say Chris Claremont and John Byrne have never again hit the heights they did with their X-MEN run.

Artists aren't baseball players,they don't go "oh you should have seen me in my prime" Artists are like fine wine,they get better with age.

Yeah, John Byrne is a great example of that. screwy.gif