• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@#$@#$@#$ Lost by one penny!

11 posts in this topic

Gorgeous book, and very hard to find. Oh well, such is life.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2174277828

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Maybe you can console yourself that there was undisclosed restoration! Or an undisclosed coupon filled in with a youthful Stan Lee's name and addrress (no - scratch that).

OK - bottom line? We feel your pain.

If it weren't for the bottom of the spine, I'd have put up maybe $1400. Still, if you guys were ever in the market for that book, you'd realize that's it's quite hard to find above VG. First one I've EVER seen.

Oh well...not like it would've been easy to scrape up $1250.01 either; there would've been a couple of weekends the girlfriend and I would've been watching the grass grow. The guy wouldn't take credit cards, but he was pretty responsive when I emailed him.

I think the grading was dead on for a golden age book, about Fine +. What do you guys think?

Greggy, I think you're right...but are you sure his proxy bid wouldn't have jacked him up even more? I assume it would go up incrementially higher though, wouldn't it? How do we know he didn't put $1500 on it?

Greggy, I think you're right...but are you sure his proxy bid wouldn't have jacked him up even more? I assume it would go up incrementially higher though, wouldn't it? How do we know he didn't put $1500 on it?

Hisi bid ended at $1,250, which has to be his top bid because it is less than one full increment. So....$1,250.01 would have won it for you! makepoint.gif

*GASP* you're right...

You guys ever get that "itch" to buy a book from someone after you miss out on something you were going to go into debt for? Like, I still want the excitement of thinking something cool I want will be on the way..!

(Goes to bed and saves his money for another day)

Shawn