• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub-Mariner Comics #17 - $125 buy it now, VG+

23 posts in this topic

Now, I don't collect Timely, but even if this book is just a VG don't you think it's worth a hundred and a quarter? Fall 1945, Schomburg WWII Jap cover.

I'll get it, read it, and resell it.

I noticed it and quickly referenced Heritage; they sold a VG/FN CGC for $460 and a Fine - with tan pages for $380.

Is EBAY the right place to sell this? Thoughts?

That's a good looking cover, for 125 I'd just keep it if it was nice. Btw, I believe that if you want to consign certain books to Heritage they have to be CGC'd.

Brian

Now, I don't collect Timely, but even if this book is just a VG don't you think it's worth a hundred and a quarter? Fall 1945, Schomburg WWII Jap cover.

I'll get it, read it, and resell it.

I noticed it and quickly referenced Heritage; they sold a VG/FN CGC for $460 and a Fine - with tan pages for $380.

Is EBAY the right place to sell this? Thoughts?

Wish I had seen it. Great BIN.

Great buy! With better picture it will be easy to sell this book for much more than

Assuming of course the book is not restored. The chance of undisclosed restoration is something that prevents me from buying raw older books on eBay, unless I know the seller. makepoint.gif

I'll let you guys know; I bought this one to "read & then flip"....

All my money goes to collecting the 219 comic run of MLJ; and it's bankrupting me as it is. I hope I don't get the Timely bug...ouch!

91 books to go..!

I'll let you guys know; I bought this one to "read & then flip"....

All my money goes to collecting the 219 comic run of MLJ; and it's bankrupting me as it is. I hope I don't get the Timely bug...ouch!

91 books to go..!

Which major books do you have left to collect? What grade level are you collecting? You sure pick a sweet run (with some heavy $ costs).

I started off focusing heaving on Pep, so I have Pep 1-11, 13-15, 17-21, 23-65. Just 4 to go to have 1-65. Also, I have Archie 2-100, and almost all of the Zips.

I'm missing Top-Notch 1,9 , Special #1, Blue Ribbon 1,9 Jackpot 1, of the "key" MLJ titles.

I do though have a CGC Fine + Pep 1, a VG+ Pep 17, a VF Pep 15, 7.0 Pep #2, VF- Pep 7, VG #27, VG+ 29, VG+31 (All CGC unrestored except for the #29 that isn't graded).

Have you been to my website, www.goldcomics.com?

Shawn

It's missing TWO centerfolds! shocked.gifooo.gif I've already emailed the seller and verified on comics.org the page count. I'm a little leery as here's his original "sales" pitch:

I have graded my comics by the definitions stated in the Overstreet Comics Price guide. I grade my comics strict. Saying that, I am also in the process of getting rid of my entire collection and I dont want to have to waste alot of time doing it. So I am going to sell them WAY below guide. That means that even if your perception of the grade is slightly different, and it really should not be, the price will be a steal. I do not have a scanner, just my cam. The picture should be pretty clear. Every comic has a buy-it-now below guide price. Please e-mail me only for important questions. I will be listing a lot of comics and wont have time to answer tons of questions. I will happily answer the pertinent ones. Happy bidding. PayPal is my preferred form of payment. All sales final. Guide Price is $ 300.00 "

shocked.gifshocked.gif

I hope you don't have any problems getting your money back despite his term - "all sales final". Some people might argue you should have emailed first to ASK if it was complete. I think he should have mentioned in his description SOMETHING about the book, especially a silly detail like "missing 2 centerfolds". Let us know how it goes. 893whatthe.gif

I do have all of those! wink.gif

Unfortunately, not selling...

What gave you that impression? I was just saying I only need 91 to have the complete MLJ run! (Are ya nuts?) insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

My Pep 30 is about a VG, #34 is about VG -, Black Hood #17 I may give to you as it's pretty beat up (Fair), Hangman #3 is VG/VG +

Jackpot 6 is a Good +, and Jackpot 7 was a CGC VG+ until I cracked the slab and read it.

Again, if you like MLJ, have you been to my site?

Whoops - I read the following as being your words:

I have graded my comics by the definitions stated in the Overstreet Comics Price guide. I grade my comics strict. Saying that, I am also in the process of getting rid of my entire collection and I dont want to have to waste alot of time doing it. So I am going to sell them WAY below guide...

D'oh! frown.gif

He emailed me back, and said I could return it; he honestly thought all pages were there. Also, he said "feel free" to make him an offer for it.

Anyone here want it without the 2 centerfolds?

I'll scan it LARGE, front and back...

and, to make this fair, high bidder wins. Let's have a CGC FORUM AUCTION!

HIGH BID TO ME BEFORE MIDNIGHT SUNDAY NIGHT will win the book.

P.S. I do take Paypal.

Of course, if the bidding only goes up to $75 or something you know I'll be sending it back!

STANDBY FOR SCANS!

(You know, a guy would think this should get his "rating" up to the almighty 3 stars, wouldn't ya think?)

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif