• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature on first page: what color label?

12 posts in this topic

I have a question regarding a comic. If the very first page of the comic (not the cover) is signed by a comic writer/artist but is not authenticated, what color label would this book get?

I saw a CGC'd book on ebay that had a blue label, but said that the first page was signed by the writer. I was really confused because I thought sigs got a different label. Can anybody educated me on this?

If the signature is on the cover and not witnessed, it gets a green label. If it's witnessed, it gets the Yellow Signature Series Label. Signatures on the interior of the book receive a Blue label with a notation, i.e. John Byrne written on 1st page in ink.

So what happens if the book is witnessed but turns out to have had work done on it (pressing, trimming, whatever)...will it be a Yellow or Purple label?? confused-smiley-013.gif

So what happens if the book is witnessed but turns out to have had work done on it (pressing, trimming, whatever)...will it be a Yellow or Purple label?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Purple label trumps Yellow. There will be no laundering of restored books through the sig series program. sumo.gif

can we get the labeling system beyonder. My son has a card system at school. green is good, yellow not so good all the way to red (principal is calling dad)

Purple label trumps Yellow. There will be no laundering of restored books through the sig series program. sumo.gif

sorry.gif

can we get the labeling system beyonder. My son has a card system at school. green is good, yellow not so good all the way to red (principal is calling dad)

Blue & Yellow are A+

Green B - D (depending on whose sig you have)

PLOD F-! tongue.gif