• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TTA 101

11 posts in this topic

What is the cause of that red color loss? Water damage, fading, abrasions?

Hard to tell, this book was part of the Chicken Coop Collection. It's definately not water damage and not ultra violet fading. More than likely it is some sort of transfer from being stored in a cardboard box that was kept in a chicken coop. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, that's really strange in the upper left corner. I would almost be worried about color touch on the black line of the spine ULC...it's weird how there's color loss in the red box and spine cracks, but the black line isn't affected. Anyway, my paranoia aside, I'd have to say 8.0 overall, though structurally it looks more like 9.0/9.2. Still very nice.

Yeah, that's really strange in the upper left corner. I would almost be worried about color touch on the black line of the spine ULC...it's weird how there's color loss in the red box and spine cracks, but the black line isn't affected. Anyway, my paranoia aside, I'd have to say 8.0 overall, though structurally it looks more like 9.0/9.2. Still very nice.
The guy that owned this was a chicken farmer so I doubt that he took the time to color touch the book. He died in the early 90's and his collection was sold to a single buyer, my friend that owned the local comic book store. I discovered the collection but didn't have the funds to purchase the entire collection.

Easy NM- 9.2 but how much tanning is there? Does it cross over into the insides? How is the page quality?

Dan

The inside pages are white. This is a trait that almost all of the high grade books out of this collection have. These books were packed so tight that air didn't get to them. Believe it or not they were stored outside in a chicken coop for 20 years. The tanning is really color loss and doesn't even show on the inside of the front cover.