• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW! 13 000 original owner comic collexn on ebay

47 posts in this topic

check it out!

seller is neatstuffcollectibles

look @ the way the OO stored his books with those artistic sleeves.....................looked a like a definite true collector

impressive collexn!

Is your keyboard [embarrassing lack of self control]? confused-smiley-013.gif

'Cause there seems to always be dropped letters all over the place....

check it out!

look @ the way the OO stored his books with those artistic sleeves.....................looked a like a definite true collector

impressive collexn!

He did it again. I sold a FC I Love Lucy (#1) to someone who typed like that.

check it out!

impressive collexn!

It's txt speak. foreheadslap.gif

Anyone ever win one of these lots? for years I keep saying I am going to buy one just to test it out.

I've sold many lots like this and I can tell you the ones I sold each seller made 10 times their money back plus some..But I also made much money on the sale too. It's just finding the right lot or the right person looking for someone to handle the sale. thumbsup2.gif

check it out!

impressive collexn!

It's txt speak. foreheadslap.gif

And what, he's on his [embarrassing lack of self control] cell then, is he? 27_laughing.gif

I love the art on the wrapping he used. I'm curious to see if this auction meets reserve, whatever that amount may be. According to the description, "7,600+" of the 13,482 books are from 1979 or later. From what I can see, if a person wanted to make a profit reselling this collection, $10,000 is probably near the maximum they could pay and still do alright. Sell the early books/keys to try to make most of your money back, and build profit on the cheaper stuff. Even then, I think the margins could be pretty skinny over the long haul.

I love the art on the wrapping he used. I'm curious to see if this auction meets reserve, whatever that amount may be. According to the description, "7,600+" of the 13,482 books are from 1979 or later. From what I can see, if a person wanted to make a profit reselling this collection, $10,000 is probably near the maximum they could pay and still do alright. Sell the early books/keys to try to make most of your money back, and build profit on the cheaper stuff. Even then, I think the margins could be pretty skinny over the long haul.

The Amazing Fantasy CGC 4.0 is $2800 by itself. (12 month average is actually $3200)

They also show 15 pages of keys.. each page has 28 books. 420 books. Take about 100 books off because they're not worth that much (Crisis) and average $10 per book and you've got another $3200 right there. (There's a GS X-men 1, HUlk 181, low grade Avengers 1, Iron Man 1, Hulk 102, Avengers 4, etc. in there plus many other keys)

SO $6k right off the bat minimum.

That leaves 13,000 books left.

I think you can easily do better than 10k actually if you had the time to sell it correctly...

The Amazing Fantasy CGC 4.0 is $2800 by itself. (12 month average is actually $3200)

They also show 15 pages of keys.. each page has 28 books. 420 books. Take about 100 books off because they're not worth that much (Crisis) and average $10 per book and you've got another $3200 right there. (There's a GS X-men 1, HUlk 181, low grade Avengers 1, Iron Man 1, Hulk 102, Avengers 4, etc. in there plus many other keys)

SO $6k right off the bat minimum.

That leaves 13,000 books left.

I think you can easily do better than 10k actually if you had the time to sell it correctly...

893whatthe.gif uh oh - all I can say is ya better clear it with the Boss first if you are thinking about jumping in there. smirk.gif

There's no doubt it would resell for more than $10k, I was just saying that 10k would probably the most a person could pay and still make some $$$ margin. Say it takes a year of evenings/weekends to sell everything off at shows or eBay. How much could a person realistically turn this for and make it worthwhile? It's a lot of books to sell. The collection you and Jeff just bought is cool because it's a manageable amount of mostly desirable books even though they are low garde.

Obviously you and I both know how much work it takes to move post 1980 books - of course your level of experience with this is about 1000x greater than mine! I have so much more respect and appreciation for those who deal full-time in comics than I ever did before.