• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW! 13 000 original owner comic collexn on ebay

47 posts in this topic

This was definitely a fun auction to look at ... very cool...

my thoughts, exactly...................

but if it took a year to sell these off individually ay shows, e-bay, etc., one would be hard pressed to turn a true profit - still.............................. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This was definitely a fun auction to look at ... very cool...

my thoughts, exactly...................

but if it took a year to sell these off individually ay shows, e-bay, etc., one would be hard pressed to turn a true profit - still.............................. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thoughts on what Neatstuff paid? And what the reserve is ?grin.gif

I love the art on the wrapping he used. I'm curious to see if this auction meets reserve, whatever that amount may be. According to the description, "7,600+" of the 13,482 books are from 1979 or later. From what I can see, if a person wanted to make a profit reselling this collection, $10,000 is probably near the maximum they could pay and still do alright. Sell the early books/keys to try to make most of your money back, and build profit on the cheaper stuff. Even then, I think the margins could be pretty skinny over the long haul.

Jeez, the lottery alone would take us to 2007 insane.gifflowerred.gif

Thoughts on what Neatstuff paid?

I don't even want to know. sorry.gif

This smells like one of those "old, fat fanboy dies in bed, pizza still stuck in his mouth, mother wants to get rid of stacks of comics and calls Neatstuff..." kind of deals.

So, probably about $20.

I always feel like any real gems in these discoveries are already picked through in these lots. I mean, they obviously unwrapped all the neat bundles and sent in the AF #15 to CGC, then offered the lot. If there were any other gems worth a bundle, they probably would have made their way into a plastic holder too.

It would be much more exciting to actually be the direct purchaser of such a lot instead of via the neatstuff middleman.

I keep waiting for one of these lots to actually meet the reserve and sell, so I can read the feedback on one.

BTW. The wrappings are pretty cool. thumbsup2.gif

I always feel like any real gems in these discoveries are already picked through in these lots. I mean, they obviously unwrapped all the neat bundles and sent in the AF #15 to CGC, then offered the lot. If there were any other gems worth a bundle, they probably would have made their way into a plastic holder too.

Oh of course, the lot has been picked cleaner than a Thanksgiving turkey, and that AF 15 CGC copy is just a carrot to entice someone to buy it thinking "if they included the AF 15, then it must not be picked through".

Of course, they neglect to remember that the comic is in a CGC slab. foreheadslap.gif

Of course, they neglect to remember that the comic is in a CGC slab. foreheadslap.gif

No they mention it:

"The best comic is an unrestored Amazing Fantasy #15 VG with Off White Pages worth $3,500 that has now been CGC graded 4.0"

What they don't show is the label.

Thoughts on what Neatstuff paid?

I don't even want to know. sorry.gif

This smells like one of those "old, fat fanboy dies in bed, pizza still stuck in his mouth, mother wants to get rid of stacks of comics and calls Neatstuff..." kind of deals.

So, probably about $20.

27_laughing.gif classic! 27_laughing.gif

That looks like my collection minus the Golden Age and about 15,000 more books.

God I hope I don't die a fat fanboy with pizza in my mouth.

I think I'm too far away for neatstuff to be the first to buy from my widow.