• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman #244

12 posts in this topic

Ya I think it looks like a 9.0 from the front, but (there was no BC scan surprise surprise) the back cover in the URC is Fugly - this one is going back to the 800lb EBAY gorilla. I shoulda known, ComicmanKev returned to books he bought off this seller too Christo_pull_hair.gif

Who is the seller, Jason? Funny enough, I was looking at a #244 last week but didn't bid, as my request for a larger scan was blown off. Wonder if it was this same book?...

Who is the seller, Jason? Funny enough, I was looking at a #244 last week but didn't bid, as my request for a larger scan was blown off. Wonder if it was this same book?...

The seller was tybeansty - all the books I got were overgraded by at least 1 Full grade. On the Filler stuff I can live with it, but I have asked for a refund / return on this one. I have seen/own enough 9.0/9.2 DC slabs in this era to know that without the back cover the comic is a 9.0 - ironically in fact I'm certain Matt Nelson could take this book from what it is now 7.0/7.5 and move it to 9.0 insane.gif

It was a bit of a gamble, a fairly good though digital pic not a scan. The seller gets a lot of good and bad comments - so its hit and miss. Does a lot of business, but I paid full guide based on the advertised grade so its going back.

Thanks for all the comments.

I remember tybeansty from a while back, and you are right, very hit or miss. Fortunately for me about 5 out of the 7 I bought were hit.

I remember tybeansty from a while back, and you are right, very hit or miss. Fortunately for me about 5 out of the 7 I bought were hit.

I've had a couple of "2 grade hits" from him as well, but he has an occasional nice book confused-smiley-013.gif

He's definitely not on my "will buy from" list anymore, consequently. crazy.gif

You guys think tybeansty's comic's are overgraded, then definitely do not buy his mags. Bought several from him about 2 years ago. Most stated as NM or VF/NM...OOOOPPPPSSSSS

His NM Mags, had enough spine stress to knock them down to FN/VF status. The books looked great from front cover, but the back covers really showed off the defects. I'm a true believer that he doesnt grade comic books, but only front covers... makepoint.gif

-bounty

I avoid that guy like the plague. I can't recall buying anything from him, but I took a few minutes and checked out a bunch of his auctions. There were enough warning signals to stay away, even though he had a lot of books I wanted. I considered that 244, but ended up passing. Glad I did.