• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another change of pace...

15 posts in this topic

Agree with the gentlemen above in taking B. smile.gif Copy A's URC, and to a lesser degree the spine, limits the eye appeal somewhat. A white cover like this you want as bright as possible.

Tell me about the lower staple tear on copy 'B' with regard to extent (are interior pages affected) and I can give you an answer. Also, is page quality similar on the two?

Thanks.

Dan

The interior pages are not affected at all. The tear is not 1/4" or so out from the staple as I initially believed; it's more of a crease...

The page quality is comparable; both off white.

Tell me about the lower staple tear on copy 'B' with regard to extent (are interior pages affected) and I can give you an answer. Also, is page quality similar on the two?

Thanks.

Dan

The interior pages are not affected at all. The tear is not 1/4" or so out from the staple as I initially believed; it's more of a crease...

Well I think book 'A' will grade higher (book 'B' also has a crease lower right corner fc), but if book 'B' is cheaper I would definitely buy 'B' because of the dust shadows. How is that for sitting on the fence? confused-smiley-013.gif

Dan

Thanks.

Dan

Well I think book 'A' will grade higher (book 'B' also has a crease lower right corner fc), but if book 'B' is cheaper I would definitely buy 'B' because of the dust shadows. How is that for sitting on the fence? confused-smiley-013.gif

Dan

My thoughts exactly.

Technical grade isn't everything.

I'd go with a clean and white 6.0 over a dirty 6.5/7.0 any day. thumbsup2.gif

I think B is a better copy anyway you look at it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Looks like the staples are bent in and tight on "B" to me. confused-smiley-013.gif