• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Avengers 104

14 posts in this topic

Wow, that seems a little harsh. I bought it advertised as a 9.0. It looks to be about an 8.5/9.0 to me.

-Chris

Chris,

Nice scans! thumbsup2.gif I think you're about right . . .

8.5 - 9.0 sumo.gif

I am seeing many, many small color breaking creases on the spine. Are those creases? The look like it to me. A lot of them.

I have a bunch of books that have that black trim on them that seem to have a "cracked" look to them without any creasing. I always presumed it to be some sort of printing error. I don't see any creases carrying through to the back cover but it's tough to notice those tiny creases without the book in hand.

I am seeing many, many small color breaking creases on the spine. Are those creases? The look like it to me. A lot of them.

King,

Those aren't creases, I believe they're printing flecks along the black border . . . the defects to the book appear to be limited to the top edge. I didn't translate a tear from the scan. Obviously if there is an edge tear it needs to be factored in . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-D

The black border breaks arent creases, just printing flaws, and the thing that looks like a mini tear at the top isn't, it's actually an area that printed darker than the rest of the blue on the cover. I'm tempted to send it to cgc to get it graded, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it. If it came back a 9.0, I would be happy, otherwise I would feel like I wasted my money.

-Chris

I wouldn't send the book in, but it's a sharp one. Once you "tune out" the printing defects on the spine, it's either a strong 8.5 or a weak 9.0. BC is flawless. I suspect that tiny crease/wrinkle at the top FC is less distracting in hand than scanned...I'll go out on a limb and say 9.0. Nice!

King,

Those aren't creases, I believe they're printing flecks along the black border . . . the defects to the book appear to be limited to the top edge. I didn't translate a tear from the scan. Obviously if there is an edge tear it needs to be factored in . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-D

Oh. Hmmm. Well, I know I wouldn't buy the book for more than 7.0 price. yeahok.gif I guess I'll go with the majority on the grade of this one. confused-smiley-013.gif