• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please grade the last cpt. mvl pressing experiment

22 posts in this topic

Pressing is going to completely remove this moisture wave. This is a prime candidate for pressing.

I had a book that had no stains, but the moisture wave (cockling is the term I believe) was throughout the entire book.

Matt Nelson removed the wave COMPLETELY and perfectly. The book went from like a 4.0 to a 7.0.

This is also a good candidate because this particular cover doesn't have all that much gloss. CMA #51, seems to be different from all the other issues, in that fashion. Good luck, also the back cover could do with a touch of cleaning. The Grading Bastiche gives this book a 4.5.

You might be able to find a better copy without having to have the work done. #51 is pretty common. I believe a warehouse find of them etc.

I'm aware of that, but I'm doing this to see the results and it was a good candidate. If I really decide to have items pressed in the future for sale, then I'd be choosing items that were higher dollar books, or books that would make it to the etheral 9.6+ grades.

I'd love to find 4.5s that look that sweet, warp and all. 5.0/5.5 - after it's pressed - at least 7.5.

I've been told by Matt that this one may grade 9.0-9.2 upon completion cloud9.gif

Collin; what's with the Magenta coloration on both covers?? seems like at least part of the artwork on the FC but the back looks more like some bleedthrough of the interior advertising. confused.gif

It's bleedthrough from the interior of the cover.

Not all that uncommon to find. Bleed through is very common. Seems like Fawcett really liked to run red ads on interior covers. If the front if darn it doesn't show that much but there were a few white back and front covers where the bleed through is prominent.

Comicdey, have you got this back yet?