• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #3 Qualified Grade Please

20 posts in this topic

BTW, if it's a pinup missing, you should note that. Not quite the same as an ad page missing.

It's probably the pin-up missing. I'll have to check again.

Here is a 6.0 I use to own (not the best scan). Notice the corner chunk missing. I'd say your book is a 6.0 as well.

It's possible that CGC considered that piece missing a bindery chip and went easy on it (production flaw.)

Here is a 6.0 I use to own (not the best scan). Notice the corner chunk missing. I'd say your book is a 6.0 as well.

It's possible that CGC considered that piece missing a bindery chip and went easy on it (production flaw.)

Not sure, never checked the notes but it was a fairly deep chunk, probably half way thorugh the book from what I could remember. Sold it about 2 years ago.

Zip,

Sorry, but . . . 1/4" bindery chip??? screwy.gif

The reality is that they grade the book, the whole book, and nothing but the book sumo.gif27_laughing.gif

gossip.gif And they're soft on mid-grade pre 1968 Marvels confused-smiley-013.gif

gossip.gif And they're soft on mid-grade pre 1968 Marvels confused-smiley-013.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

I dunno if I agree. I always that they were very tough in the 6.0 - 7.0 range. I have 6.0s that look pretty sharp. This is a CGC 6.0 from my collection...

FF6Full.jpg

confused-smiley-013.gif

I dunno if I agree. I always that they were very tough in the 6.0 - 7.0 range. I have 6.0s that look pretty sharp. This is a CGC 6.0 from my collection...

FF6Full.jpg

Hey, a 6.0 is a FINE book devil.gif

hi.gif

Seriously, I'd have to crack it out and hold it in hand to grade it . . . particularly with mid-grade books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Seriously, I'd have to crack it out and hold it in hand to grade it . . . particularly with mid-grade books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I suppose there could be small page tears inside or something similar. I just received a GORGEOUS Avengers 20 CGC 7.5 that looks better than many CGC 9.0s. confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess I could call for grader's notes. cool.gif

Q 6.0 for FF 3 , and a really nice FF 6 Zipper68, nice colors cloud9.gif

Thanks... it's super bright and glossy which more than makes up for the light edgewear. cloud9.gif

congrats ! my FF 6 is in the good range with tape on spine, i hope i'll upgrade it thumbsup2.gif