• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Spotlight 5

18 posts in this topic

Wow, Christo_pull_hair.gif BRC crease on an otherwise beautiful book. I'd go 8.0 for sure. Having purchased a few 8.5 15 and 20 cent Marvel slabs recently and cracked them out I believe this would garner a 8.0 label from CGC, depending on how faint or prominent that corner crease is it might go 8.5 if they are swayed by how clean the rest of the Black cover is.

7.0 sumo.gif 3/4" crease to LRFC; 3?8" crease at top of lower staple FC; 1/4" crease to LLFC; 1/2" crease and wrinkling to LLBC - I think the book's got some problems. confused-smiley-013.gif

I am a bit surprised at the grades given above . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I bought a CGC 8.0 35-center and it looked very similar to that. Beautiful book, one big corner crease.

Personally, I'd say 7.5 if I was reselling, but if you're asking what CGC might give it... confused-smiley-013.gif

7.0 sumo.gif 3/4" crease to LRFC; 3?8" crease at top of lower staple FC; 1/4" crease to LLFC; 1/2" crease and wrinkling to LLBC - I think the book's got some problems. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well I'll give ya the LLBC as keeping this book out of 8.5, but the spine stress is hard to determine - partially due to the miswrap white edge concealing it. I'd think a higher rez scan would be in order to be sure on this one.

ditto...that's really too bad about that crease/ding which seems to go all the way to the back cover!!!

for this "major flaw" it can't go beyond the 7.0 frown.gif

still a gorgeous F/VF book to owna nd cherish!!! thumbsup2.gif

regards

The book was purcahsed by a friend of mine at a local show last weekend for a song.

My initial, in-hand grade was a 7.5 (which my friend was pissed about. He contends it's at least an 8.0). The spine has a few non-color breaking spine ticks...the LRFC corner crease is by far the most damaging defect.

About it extending to the back cover...the interior pages aren't bent, so I don't know what to make of that.

Sorry about the scan resolution...my printer/scanner/copier/fax does 300 DPI resolution but that's not hi-res enough. sorry.gif

It's not your resolution then, as 200 dpi is optimum. When you compress (or resize) the scan, you have to make sure you are doing that at the "highest qaulity setting". Otherwise you get doggie-poo grin.gif

gossip.gif kinda like comicdey's 100kb scans 27_laughing.gif

It's not your resolution then, as 200 dpi is optimum. When you compress (or resize) the scan, you have to make sure you are doing that at the "highest qaulity setting". Otherwise you get doggie-poo grin.gif

gossip.gif kinda like comicdey's 100kb scans 27_laughing.gif

That's probably it. I just convert the pics by inserting them into a word doc and saving it as an html file (thus creating much smaller pictures in the html pic folder). I guess I could use photoshop.