• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Nightmare No.15

12 posts in this topic

Just added to my collection. In my opinion this copy is much better than the scan makes it look. I think this would be a tough one to find in very high grade. As always your grades are much appreciated thumbsup2.gif

nm16_tmp.jpg

is that rubbing on back cover or the art? I would say 8.5 if that isn't a bunch of color loss. WAy lower if rubbing, maybe a 6.0

is that rubbing on back cover or the art? I would say 8.5 if that isn't a bunch of color loss. WAy lower if rubbing, maybe a 6.0

I'm really new to collecting these Skywald issues but I've seen this on numerous copies, it's not rubbing. Someone else may chime in but it seems like the inks were very "soft" right after printing or something. Almost looks like finger/hand prints.

They are most likely fingerprints. Black cover books are always especially susceptible to that.

I still wonder if this loss of ink happened at the printers because the copy looks unread and I've seen very similar looking patterns on other Skywalds 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They are most likely fingerprints. Black cover books are always especially susceptible to that.

I still wonder if this loss of ink happened at the printers because the copy looks unread and I've seen very similar looking patterns on other Skywalds 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Front Cover Looks Like a solid VF 8.0

-Couple of good spine stress marks, a little bit of corner rounding at the bottom, light indentation bottom edge. A little bit of fingerprint smudge top right

Unfortunately that is all palm and finger print smudge to the back cover. These Skywalds are notorious for this with thier black covers. The ink was cheap so it seems. The book was definitely read in my humble oppinion, though it looks WELL cared for. Meaning read carfully in hot sweaty palms, but then stored like a collectible.

I'm not sure how that type of finger print smudge takes a book down. But I would be good with a FN+ 6.5 on this.

BTW, that is one of the nicest in conditoin covers for Nightmare #15 that I have seen Jeff. This issue is insane to get in a decent grade.

-bounty

Definitely fingerprints. Definitely been read and as Bounty stated above, the ink practically stuck to your hands with the slightest touch on some of the dark covered Skywalds when they were new. This is one of the harder issues to get in HG along with Psycho's 9, 18, 21, and 22. Don't know how much CGC knocks down for fingerprint/smudges but 6.5 seems a fair assesment IMHO.

Definitely fingerprints. Definitely been read and as Bounty stated above, the ink practically stuck to your hands with the slightest touch on some of the dark covered Skywalds when they were new. This is one of the harder issues to get in HG along with Psycho's 9, 18, 21, and 22. Don't know how much CGC knocks down for fingerprint/smudges but 6.5 seems a fair assesment IMHO.

Yes, they are right. I am guilty of putting some of those exact looking finger/reading smudges on many Warrens and Skywalds back when I was so young

Thanks all for the finger print info. As I never read or bought them new as they came out I stand corrected. This is one great board/forum we have here!