• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #100

9 posts in this topic

Well, it's been a while since I've ventured into this neck of the woods!

Looks like Comicdey is striking gold up there in the Great White! Good for you thumbsup2.gif

I have here an ASM #100 which looks absolutely stunning... until you flip it over! There is some staining on the back cover. I was wondering what others may think about the damage to the grade that it causes...

Thanks!

John thumbsup2.gif

FRONT cloud9.gif

th_ASM1003.jpg

BACK juggle.gif

th_ASM100B3.jpg

I've been posting up quite a few and boring the masses.

That is one beautiful ASM 100 front cover.

That front cover is quite nice. Is that a light thumbing crease at the top? Would there be similar staining on the front cover as well if not for the black cover hiding it?

The back cover staining kills the high grade potential. I'd say F/VF, but I'm sure others may think it still makes a VF or better. It's kind of like water damage in my opinion, almost like an oil stain. I'd like to grade it lower based upon the idea that a stain is a really bad thing, but the front is so pristine, it's a tough call.

looks like foxing to me which i'm told doesn't bring the grade down but that people just don't want the book. I say 8.5. If thats a tear on back cover then i'll drop to 7.0